Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » What was the first emergency to which you ever responded in your life, how old were you, and how did it turn out? ~

What was the first emergency to which you ever responded in your life, how old were you, and how did it turn out? ~

Posted - September 22, 2018

Responses

While on my first ship, I was in the head washing my hands, when an open water main started blasting out water. I quickly called damage control. Apparently someone forgot to red-tag the valve that was a deck above. Had it hit my hands they would have been broken. Our berthing are flooded pretty badly. Fortunately for me, I had a middle bunk. Bottom bunks were completely submersed. I was 20.
      September 22, 2018 11:11 AM MDT

I think I was six or seven when my paper plane landed atop a tall, lit floor lamp. It promptly caught on fire, but I called my stepfather and he simply unplugged the light.

I lost my only vehicle that day, and have never dared fly in paper planes since.
      September 22, 2018 11:17 AM MDT

At age five, I woke the family with a terrible howling scream. The pain in my head resulted in a trip to Toledo Hospital where a surgeon operated 6 times to repair the damage of a bleeding brain. In the 50s, there really wasn't much going on in this field of medicine. Most folks just died. I survived and was not physically impaired. 
      September 22, 2018 6:55 PM MDT

I was twenty-two and was a rookie at the prison. I responded to an inmate-on-inmate stabbing. There was blood everywhere and the inmate victim was bleeding all over the place. He survived and we were able to subdue the aggressor without any staff injuries. It went well except for the guy with multiple stab wounds. This post was edited by Rizz at September 23, 2018 10:34 AM MDT
      September 22, 2018 7:20 PM MDT

(inmate-on-inmate)
      September 22, 2018 7:23 PM MDT

Was about ten years old
    Step mom slammed door on my fingers
    because she was late for the beauty shop.
    I responded by yelling my fool head off
    in pain...
    She chewed me out for making her late.
    No empathy at all...
      September 23, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

ive hardly seen ennergencies but theres been tinnes when ive gone outside and saw sonneone had fallen, i cant pick thenn up so i will just get thenn help
      September 23, 2018 2:29 PM MDT