Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Only once in my life did I ever drink to get drunk. I was in my mid-20's and I experienced something I couldn't cope with. What about you?

Only once in my life did I ever drink to get drunk. I was in my mid-20's and I experienced something I couldn't cope with. What about you?

Ever get drunk on purpose to escape something you didn't want to face or couldn't?

Posted - September 30, 2018

Responses

I never ever get drunk and incapable when I go out Rosie.....it has been known at family parties and get togethers though...:)
      September 30, 2018 3:36 AM MDT

I don't recommend it to anyone for any reason D. It didn't help. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 30, 2018 4:09 AM MDT

Well I couldn't cope I guess with life in general.  I could not see there was any place in it for myself.  I turned to drugs and drink to feel better about myself.  To perhaps escape the burden of not being what I had been taught I should be.  Which was pretty much my life from age 14 into my mid 20s when I tried to do something about it. 
      September 30, 2018 6:34 AM MDT

I've been drunk only twice.. both intentional.. first time when I was around 16 or so.... I felt so ill the next day that I thought I would die.. it was horrible and I didn't care to repeat the experience for a long time.. It was 3 decades or so before I tried getting drunk again..  again intentional.. an experiment.. and quite an interesting one at that.. but ultimately not as good as I thought and I became very unwell in the early hours of the morning... violently sick and was ill all next day.. 

Needless to say I won't be repeating the experience and am quite lucky in that I can drink a fair bit and know the point where I need to stop to avoid being actually drunk. 
      September 30, 2018 1:19 PM MDT

I truly have no idea how many times, I have been drunk in my life. Yes, it was always on purpose. 
    I do know it has been 2 times in the past 20 yrs and none in the last 12 yrs.

No I am/was not a alcoholic. I was just a rowdy teen. 
      October 1, 2018 4:37 AM MDT