Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What household chores/responsibilities do you dislike?

What household chores/responsibilities do you dislike?

I don’t like mowing the lawn and doing yardwork because of my allergies. 

Posted - October 3, 2018

Responses

Having to put the toilet seat back down when I'm finished. I find it a waste of time and energy - first I have to bend down and lift it up then a few seconds later I'm bending down again to put the seat back down. Actually the wife and I share the chores  I do the outside stuff and she does the inside stuff.  The only chore I don't like is racking leafs. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at October 4, 2018 7:49 AM MDT
      October 3, 2018 7:15 PM MDT

You haven't read the "Man Rules for Women"? I copy/pasted this, so the mistakes are not mine.

Men's Rules:

1) Men are not mind readers.

2) Learn to work the toilet seat, you're a big girl. If its up, put it down. You don't hear us complaining when you leave it down.

3) Crying is blackmail.

4) Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

5) "Yes" and "No" are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

6) Come to us with problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

7) Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and voidafter 7 days.

8) If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

9) If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

10) You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

11) Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to during commercials.

12) Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we

13) All men see in only 16 colours. Peach, for example, is a fruit not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

14) If ask what is wrong and you say Nothing, we act like nothings wrong. We know you are lying, but it is  just not worth the hassle.

15) If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you dont want to hear...

16) When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... really.

17) Don't ask us what were thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as football or motor sports.

18) You have enough clothes.

19) You have too many shoes.

20) I am in shape, round is a shape!

21) Thank you for reading this,yes I know, Im sleeping on the couch tonight but did you know men don't really mind that? Its like camping

This post was edited by Element 99 at October 4, 2018 8:15 AM MDT
      October 4, 2018 7:56 AM MDT

I forgot about this. I love it.
      October 4, 2018 8:15 AM MDT

The original had all the rules as #1.
      October 4, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

I do not like to dust.  With three kids there used to be so much clutter - pens, calculators, papers, books etc. - on the furniture, it took more time to move all that stuff than it was worth.  Then when it got cluttered again you couldn't even see the dusted furniture.  I haven't done it for decades even though all the kids are grown and gone.  I'd rather wear myself out cutting grass and pulling weeds in the tropical heat.
      October 3, 2018 10:36 PM MDT

• "Cooking" ... seems to be more trouble than it's worth! It's cheaper to order in.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 4, 2018 2:04 PM MDT
      October 4, 2018 1:02 AM MDT

OOPS that came out wrong, wrong, wrong.  hahahaha OMG
      October 4, 2018 4:00 AM MDT

Not the greatest on cleaning and scrubbing floors so have to be expecting company or really be in the mood for the latter. 
      October 4, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

Everything that is a chore I dislike.
      October 4, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

Repairs of all types. I'm not mechanically-inclined and have trouble with repairmen. I paid several hundred dollars to have all the sprinklers in my front yard fixed a couple years back. They guy came out and did the work- even had them running by messing with the box in the yard, so I thought they'd be good. After he left, I realized they didn't work when I used the main control panel. I contacted him repeatedly and he never returned my calls or came back. About a year after that, I hired a general handyman to help. He volunteered to fix it free if I slept with him. :/ Needless to say, that didn't happen. So... I recently decided if I could just get someone to teach me how to do it, I'd be golden. I took out an ad and made it quite clear that I was looking for a professional and would pay an hourly wage. The first response I got was a guy who volunteered to do it free if I wore pantyhose and the second one didn't discuss the work at all, but let me know he was a good-looking veteran. ... I give up. I'm throwing rocks in my yard and calling it good. Side note: I seriously considered messaging the pantyhose guy back and offering double if he wore the pantyhose instead, but I found it doubtful he'd appreciate my humor. 
      October 4, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

Pigs. Disgusting pigs. Don’t worry, I’m a man and I’m the opposite of mechanically inclined. If I were to do repair work myself it would be like an episode of Home Improvement. Fortunately I have friends and relatives who can pretty much handle any and all repairs. They’re much cheaper too. Usually some pizzas, beer, and $50 is perfect payment for them. 
      October 4, 2018 10:18 AM MDT

all of thenn
      October 4, 2018 3:04 PM MDT

Basically I don't like cooking and cleaning.  I let my husband do both of those because his cooking tastes better and he's also a little obsessive compulsive so he naturally keeps the house clean without me having to do any work.  The only drawback is having to listen to my mother complain about how I'm being a lousy wife.
      October 7, 2018 6:35 PM MDT