Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is it easier to live life with black and white views? Or does it lead to all kinds of complications and dilemmas?

Is it easier to live life with black and white views? Or does it lead to all kinds of complications and dilemmas?

Posted - October 6, 2018

Responses

Definitely not. Life isn't always black and white. Gray areas exist. If one lives in strictly in black and white they will find conflicts with decisions and lead to further dilemmas. Life isn't always crystal clear. Life isn't this simple. I wish I could articulate a more intelligent answer. :( This post was edited by Rizz at October 7, 2018 5:25 PM MDT
      October 6, 2018 8:05 PM MDT

There's only one way to look at an issue like that, and here it . . . hey, wait a second. ~
      October 6, 2018 8:48 PM MDT

Maybe for a closed mind it‘s easier. I personally am not wired that way.

Life as I’ve found it, is a series of ever-varying gray areas, what is truly ‘black and white’ is much less common. 
    We are wise to accept that we can only know a limited amount about anything, that conditions and knowledge can and do change, and we should remain amenable to evolving our own perceptions accordingly. I think failing to do so may leave us to failure, irrelevance and ridicule. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 7, 2018 2:48 AM MDT
      October 6, 2018 9:05 PM MDT

Very few things are black and white.  The depth of the color grey varies.
    It's in perception.
    If you aren't willing to negotiate or see things in a different light, it will cause problems for you and others around you.

When things are black and white, there is a reason.  Ex:  When the sun goes down, it will be dark.  When the sun comes up it will be light.  This is not negotiable. The difference in the light and dark that you see will be different through out the day.  You will see more grey. This post was edited by Merlin at October 7, 2018 6:24 AM MDT
      October 7, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

nnaybe
      October 7, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

It's easier until it affects you personally.
      October 7, 2018 5:26 PM MDT