Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is there someone from the past you still wonder about sometimes?

Is there someone from the past you still wonder about sometimes?

A lost friend, or a past lover you find yourself thinking about every now and again?

In my case I remember her during long quiet drives. Or at night when it rains. Or every time I hear the word gypsy. 
She used to fly thru my window every morning and perch on my shoulder. Then one day, she didn't anymore.

Posted - October 16, 2018

Responses

Oh thank you. 
      October 25, 2018 2:18 PM MDT

Numerous folks from my past. It would take me quite a while to name them all.
      October 17, 2018 8:05 AM MDT

yes
      October 17, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

• Love your answers Pearl. Thank you for writing.
      October 25, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

They would make up a cast of thousands. 
    ~
      October 24, 2018 6:07 AM MDT

• Come on Mr Randy. Tell us about the one. You know the one.
      October 25, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

• No hardly ever!  I block people who are no longer in my life out of my mind!  They are usually in the past for a reason lol.
      October 24, 2018 7:42 AM MDT

• Really? 
    Not one person you remember fondly?  An old friend, a teacher, a lover? 
    Nobody from your past has touched you in a way to hold a special place in your heart?

October 25, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

• A lot of people.  The old saying, "Friends for a season, friends for a reason" -  those "seasonal" friends I often think of, wonder where they are, what they're doing, and I hope they are all well.     Thank goodness for all of our friends through the years - seasonal and otherwise.   
      October 24, 2018 8:22 AM MDT

• I remember Hector. From grade school. He was very small and got picked on all the time. Once I saw a group of six graders trying to pull his pants down. I yelled from what I thought was a safe distance to . .Hey leave him alone!...which they did only to chase me pulling my pants down. . we became friends and managed to keep our pants on the rest of the year. Your post reminded me of him for some reason. Thank you Lavender for your response. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 25, 2018 9:50 AM MDT
      October 25, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

• hahah that's a cute memory.  :)
      October 25, 2018 9:50 AM MDT

Sure, but in my case, I hope she's dead.
      October 25, 2018 9:06 AM MDT

• I'm not going to ask you Why because I sense a painful memory. Thank you for writing Zack.
      October 25, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

• I often find the man I am now, thinking about the boy I once was.  I remember him well.  I know where he lives.  I know what that boy is going through.  I know what makes his heart beat and his heart stop.  I know what makes his mind wander off aimlessly.  I know what makes his feet dance, his eyes cry and his belly laugh.  I know the dreams he lays his head upon at night.  I would love to go backward in time and tell him it will all be ok.  The journey is long but there is a future full of wonder ahead and I will be here waiting with open arms for him to arrive, always.  He's strong though, and I know he'll make it, but I can't help catching a momentary glimpse of him occasionally and being completely captivated by my memory's reflection of him.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 26, 2018 8:00 PM MDT
      October 25, 2018 9:46 AM MDT

• Very lovely and so eloquently stated, Lolli.
      October 25, 2018 9:52 AM MDT

• Thank You, Lavender.
      October 25, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

• I always thought that we never stop being that kid inside. We just learn to act grown. Or take it.
    Very pretty piece of writing. Thank you for sharing your art.
      October 25, 2018 12:06 PM MDT

• Couldn't have done it without you.  Thank you for the thought provoking question.  In all our meanderings in and out and around this place we never know for sure just what type of post we'll find or how it will impact us.  This one just caused me to look inward for my answer or reply.  Blessings to you, Utopian.
      October 25, 2018 12:12 PM MDT

• All the time.  Sometimes it can be the slightest connection that triggers a memory and gets me thinking even about a person I might have only been in contact with for a minimal period of time. 
      October 25, 2018 10:44 AM MDT

• That's right. Amazing the connections out brain makes. I had not thought about what you refer to. That sometimes the people we remember do not have to be memorable in our lives, it could be anybody. Thats true. Great thinking. You taught me something today. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 26, 2018 7:57 PM MDT
      October 25, 2018 11:55 AM MDT

A couple of old beaux and a few friends from the old neighborhood in which I grew up.
      October 17, 2018 9:12 AM MDT