Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What guarantee do we have that poll workers are honorable honest and dependable? How do we know they don't engage in dirty tricks?

What guarantee do we have that poll workers are honorable honest and dependable? How do we know they don't engage in dirty tricks?

How do poll workers get those jobs? By party machines who install them at specific locations and instruct them how to be devious deceitful unethical? Since winning is everything and the only thing that matters in politicfs (and in everything else sadly) what's to stop poll workers from corrupting the process? I don't trust any of them to be honorable. Politics is not an honorable endeavor. Winning is everything. How you do it matters not. Sad. Never used to worry about such things. I always assumed right would prevail and honorable would rule. Silly me. :(

Posted - October 19, 2018

Responses

As Uncle Joe said, "It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
      October 19, 2018 5:23 AM MDT

Yeah. Well I usta NEVER worry about the honesty/integrity of elections or election workers. Naive and gullible be me. NOW? I trust no one if partisan politics is involved. That's a very sad state in which to find myself but there I am. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Malizz.
      October 19, 2018 6:52 AM MDT

They usually volunteers. They simply check your name and ID then hand you a ballot. Or send you to the correct polling place. They also will correct your information if you moved but are still in the same county. 

Counting is done by machine now. 
      October 19, 2018 6:26 AM MDT

we dont unless theyve been doing background checks on thenn
      October 19, 2018 1:55 PM MDT