Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever experienced missing out on meeting up with your potential "soul mate" or partner for life? ~

Have you ever experienced missing out on meeting up with your potential "soul mate" or partner for life? ~

Posted - October 21, 2018

Responses

• You're too hard to catch.
      October 24, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

You may be right.
    A lot of the time even I can't figure myself out. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 24, 2018 12:51 PM MDT
      October 24, 2018 12:23 PM MDT

It takes two in agreement for a meeting.  We haven't reached that point as yet.  
      October 21, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

What about a chance meeting or strangers bumping into each other or a coincidental situation?  Neither need be "in agreement" for something like that. 

~
      October 21, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

Have you ever seen the movie "Knight and Day?"  I think it is Knight and Day... Maybe it is Day and Knight?  Anyway, it is with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.  Two you would never think to put together since she is tall and he is short.  They pull it off beautifully.
    Granted, it carries the same Hollywood tune.  Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back...
    It might be a "B" rated movie compared to others they have done but it pulls your thought totally into play. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 22, 2018 7:11 AM MDT
      October 21, 2018 10:06 PM MDT

(I absolutely detest Tom Cruise, and therefore avoid almost anything in which he appears.)
      October 22, 2018 5:41 AM MDT

• A clause forbids me, as well as my heart. :-)
      October 21, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

• I wanna do WelbyQuentin and cheer him up, or make him cry, depending upon his tolerance. *cough*
      October 21, 2018 7:46 PM MDT

Where the heck have you been?
      October 22, 2018 7:12 AM MDT

• Never mind me, where the heck is Sharon?! GRRRRRR!!!!!  :P
      October 22, 2018 8:03 AM MDT

I almost did - we met at the birthday party of a mutual friend, I was half-inclined to make an excuse and not go (I'd spent the day doing research for a thesis I was writing and was knackered). I decided to show up, plead exhaustion and leave as soon as could politely be managed. 
    Sooo ... the party was no more inspiring than I'd expected, but I spotted a VERY superior rack on a young lady I didn't know. I was checking her out as surreptitiously as I could, my eyes drifted up to her face, met hers - I fell into them and drowned. This girl had (and still has) the most amazing eyes in the known universe. We got to chatting, I got her number (she didn't "ghost" me) - and the rest is history, we've been together more than thirty years now. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 22, 2018 7:12 AM MDT
      October 21, 2018 7:53 PM MDT