Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Do you like corn?

Do you like corn?

What is your favorite way to eat corn?  Does corn ever seem to get caught in your teeth?

Posted - October 21, 2018

Responses

I like corn.  My favorite way to eat corn is... popped :)

October 21, 2018 8:31 PM MDT

I'm nibbling on some right now.
      October 22, 2018 11:25 PM MDT

NIBBLING?!?!?  You're doing it all wrong!  Grab two handfuls and shove them in your pie corn hole :))

*and before RandyD has a cow, I know it should be, "shove them INTO your corn hole", but, "shove it/them in your...", is more colloquial :)
      October 23, 2018 12:04 AM MDT

One of the main reasons I hardly ever eat popcorn is that since I was a child, I've never liked the way the kernels get stuck either between my teeth or between a tooth and the gums. 

Other than popcorn, I enjoy many, many corn-based or corn-related dishes, and the various ways corn can be cooked, served and eaten. I have corn in home gardens also, and there's nothing more delicious than cultivating your own plants, from seed to plate. 

:)
      October 21, 2018 8:45 PM MDT

• I remember the first time I ate one of my cucumbers. I didn't know they were supposed to taste like something. I was used to supermarket produce. Plus mine I grew myself which made it taste at least seven times better.
      October 22, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

• Elote. Mexican street corn. It's got all kinds of yummy goodness on it :)

October 21, 2018 9:17 PM MDT

Ick. I've never like sweetcorn - my wife and daughter love it, so they get mine.
      October 22, 2018 2:39 AM MDT

I love sweet corn on the cob, slathered in real butter and a little salt, yummy. 
      October 22, 2018 5:20 AM MDT

I make corn bread as well as thirded bread through the year.  July through September we get sweet corn at our farm stand which we cook and eat as is or cook and cut into other dishes such as poblanos, carrots, and beans. 
      October 22, 2018 5:25 AM MDT

Like corn lots of ways but number one is corn pudding.
      October 22, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

• Now you're talkin'! :D
      October 22, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

• I don't care for corn on the cob, but I don't mind corn tortillas, corn chips, etc.       I remember several years ago a "Suit" in the office I was working in decided we should go "Green", and he thought what better way than beginning with replacing plastic utensils in our break room with some that are corn-based and biodegradable.   They were gross.  It made the entire break room smell like stale corn chips, and you felt like using those to eat with turned what ever food you were eating into a stale corn-flavored nightmare. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 22, 2018 9:34 PM MDT
      October 22, 2018 8:02 AM MDT

Corn on the cob
    Creamed corn
    Cornbread (Jiffy)
    Corn casserole
      October 22, 2018 8:28 AM MDT

Yes, always have but stopped eating it when I found out that it's the most heavily-sprayed crop for pesticides, etc.......and also it's GM!!!

- sigh - but I do allow myself some cornbread or cornmeal pancakes once in a while.

with all the nasty stuff being done to it, why would anyone wanna eat it nowadays anyway??????????

:-D

:-D
      October 22, 2018 8:49 AM MDT

I love corn.  The best way to eat corn is to go out to the garden, pluck off a plump ear (preferably one warmed by the sun), shuck it, then eat it right there on the spot.
      October 22, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

its okay, it doesnt always get stuck in nny teeth
      October 22, 2018 10:36 AM MDT

• Yes, I love corn. I like it in the form of tortilla chips, tortillas, cornbread, and of course on the cob. It does tend to get caught in my teeth when I eat in cob form.
      October 22, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

It's one of my favorite foods.  I like it cooked off of the cob just until it's not raw but still crunchy....add a little salt and pepper and butter and I can eat it until I'm sick.  I have always loved it.  Okra, green beans,  and tomato are my other favorites.
      October 22, 2018 11:28 PM MDT