Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Mexicans are learning to defy gravity in preparation for THE WALL

Mexicans are learning to defy gravity in preparation for THE WALL

Trump's wall will soar into the stratosphere but it won't stop them. The hateful will learn that you cannot build walls around a dream.

Posted - November 3, 2018

Responses

• Yeah, but can they defy bullets?
      November 3, 2018 9:55 AM MDT

• Well, duh. We've all seen the Matrix.

November 11, 2018 10:32 AM MST

Trump had several prototypes built and every one of them was able to be scaled.  If you are determined enough, you can breach any obstacle.  I'd also like to know how Trump plans to build a wall across the Rio Grande.  
      November 3, 2018 10:17 AM MDT

Start at 2:10. I don't know why the clip didn't appear, but this will take you to it.

https://youtu.be/HcwTxRuq-uk This post was edited by Element 99 at November 3, 2018 12:21 PM MDT
      November 3, 2018 10:24 AM MDT

• Exactly. That doesn't even get into the ecological impact a wall like that would have. It would affect the migration patterns of certain animal species and affect their ability to propagate. But eff, nature, right? Cuz 'Murica.
      November 11, 2018 10:47 AM MST

I agree with you completely.  Then again, why would Trump care about the animals and birds when he doesn't even care that humans have clean air and water?
      November 11, 2018 10:53 AM MST

That’s almost poetic
      November 3, 2018 10:56 AM MDT

Ya but Trump will have that Space Force to stop them as they sore into the stratosphere. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      November 3, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

Did someone tell them to wear a jacket?

Did anyone tell them Winter is Coming?   No? Of course not.  That is a fantasy movie.  Game of Thrones.  

But the real world is more terrifying because they cannot see that HELL is upon us and Global Warming and World War III are just around the corner.  Give me the ice wall and the undead any day.

Better than the GOP zombies we have running the country.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 11, 2018 10:36 AM MST
      November 3, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

I think you have the wrong question.
      November 3, 2018 12:36 PM MDT

• Thank goodness my ancestors didn't have to worry about a wall. (Although they did have their own fears - they were not allowed to be Italian in the US at that time, so they claimed to be Austrian) Too bad the Native Americans couldn't have built one though.
      November 3, 2018 12:40 PM MDT

a poem by Langston Hughes

Harlem

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
          like a raisin in the sun?
          Or fester like a sore—
          And then run?
          Does it stink like rotten meat?
          Or crust and sugar over—
          like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
          like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?
    ~
      November 3, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

The lawful will realize you CAN build a dream by gaining citizenship the legal way, like the majority of other immigrants have done since the birth of this country. Hate has nothing to do with it. I hate paying for groceries but I still do, because if I want to eat, Id have to obtain my food legally, or steal it in order to survive. I choose the legal way, for some reason, a lot of missguided fools think its ok to do it the illegal way.
      November 3, 2018 9:30 PM MDT

• It's rich to hold that opinion when you have access to resources and are relatively safe. But when you are born into a situation that provides none of those, when you fear for your life and your corrupt government will not protect you, then sometimes the best you can do is flee. You do what you need to do in order to survive. Can you imagine no other option than to go somewhere you're unwanted?

While I am not for open borders, I can still take a humanitarian stance. People are people, regardless of their place of origin. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 11, 2018 10:49 AM MST
      November 11, 2018 10:42 AM MST