Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Have you seen this movie?

Have you seen this movie?

Yes, that's the Statue of Liberty's head.

I came out of theater shaken to the core. The movie scared me from seeing any movie for over a year. And based upon people with whom I've talked, I think I may be the only human being who reacted so strongly to this movie.

Posted - November 4, 2018

Responses

No. What's the title?
      November 4, 2018 7:13 PM MST

"Cloverfield."

Boy, I highly recommend this one! I purposely avoided reading any information about the movie before going to see it. And by a certain point while watching, I strongly considered getting up and leaving the theater - - I simply couldn't stand the suspense.
    Again, I don't know of anyone else who reacted this way to the movie.
    :)
      November 4, 2018 7:22 PM MST

Looks a bit violent for my taste.
      November 4, 2018 7:33 PM MST

It's funny -- I don't remember any violence so much. I remember most just hating to see the events unfolding upon such likable people. An impressive group of young unknown (to me) actors created very real and appealing people.

Though it seems almost a cliche approach now but, at the time, I was fascinated -- the movie begins by an image saying something like -- "The following is video footage from a movie camera found in an area formerly known as Central Park, documenting the event now known as 'Cloverfield.' "

The entire movie is from the movie camera.
      November 4, 2018 7:52 PM MST

• Awww! YYou gave away the title to soon, Welby. That was Cloverfield. I'm not a big fan of "found footage" movies, but this was a good one. 

I'm curious how they managed to pull of some of the effects in this. It's rather impressive.

I absolutely Loved the next film in the franchise with John Goodman, "10 Cloverfield Lane". Not a sequel, but freaking awesome IMHO 
      November 4, 2018 8:10 PM MST

It looks better than Blair Witch.  
      November 5, 2018 11:32 AM MST

To me, it was better than "The Blair Witch Project."

PLOT SPOILER!!! "THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT"!!!

The very last few seconds of Blair Witch were really good, though, for me. Creeped me out.
      November 6, 2018 10:34 AM MST

You're right, I identified it quickly but Stu Bee asked nicely, so I obliged.

"Cloverfield" was a great movie for me. The 'found footage' approach hooked me in at the get-go. Especially the line "area formally known as Central Park." That gave me chills, I knew it wasn't going to be a happy-go-lucky time. And the very last scene chilled me -- with the couple riding the Ferris Wheel - - and in the background, I almost missed it - - far away . . . in the sky . . . "
    ;)

And, yes! "10 Cloverfield Lane"! THAT'S the way to do a sequel-in-name-only! What a claustrophobic film. 

Got to go -- later!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 5, 2018 11:59 AM MST
      November 5, 2018 11:38 AM MST

• I highly recommend 10CL and I NEVER tell the end. LOL

That blew me completely away
      November 5, 2018 12:23 PM MST

no
      November 5, 2018 10:37 AM MST

"Cloverfield."
      November 5, 2018 11:30 AM MST

The Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill is frightening....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDTDYkMR8Zs
      November 6, 2018 10:20 AM MST

Yes, you're right!

;)

;)

November 6, 2018 10:30 AM MST