Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » You're given $500 to outfit yourself for a semi-formal/ formal event. How do you spend it?

You're given $500 to outfit yourself for a semi-formal/ formal event. How do you spend it?

(Consider anything that involves preparing yourself for it, from haircuts to clothes.)

Posted - November 6, 2018

Responses

• Shet, for $500 I could dud up, fill up the tank, grab a bight to eat, and take home a case of beer and a quarter sack. :P

Wait a minute...formal event?  Just where are you trying to drag me off to?

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 6, 2018 9:46 AM MST
      November 6, 2018 9:37 AM MST

JA and I are getting married.
      November 6, 2018 9:40 AM MST

• I'll throw you a bachelor party.  To keep you on the straight and narrow, Welby will be jumping out of the cake. xD
      November 6, 2018 9:48 AM MST

YES! I've always wanted health insurance.

I mean, I love you E. This is the happiest day of my life. *hugs*
      November 6, 2018 9:48 AM MST

lol or semi-formal. A nice pair of boots and a button-up makes jeans semi-formal attire, I'm pretty sure. 
      November 6, 2018 9:47 AM MST

• That's a tux to me!  That's the closest I'll get to any black-tie attire.
      November 6, 2018 9:50 AM MST

Let's see. Semi-formal: Sweats without holes or bleach spots. Formal : Designer jeans and a polo shirt. (JK)

Custom made suit.(We have two places in town.) That includes a shirt. I already have two pairs of dress shoes. A razor beard trim and a new haircut. Long in back stays.  I still have enough money for a mani-pedi and a massage.
      November 6, 2018 9:40 AM MST

How much is a custom-made suit? Wouldn't that break the bank on this one?

I like that you worked in the massage though. Sounds like you will arrive looking and feeling good. 
      November 6, 2018 9:50 AM MST

About $350. Well, not custom made...custom fit. I stand corrected.
      November 6, 2018 9:57 AM MST

Did they use a cane on you again then...:(
      November 6, 2018 1:45 PM MST

id probably give thenn their nnoney back since i dont go to those events
      November 6, 2018 10:59 AM MST

First go to the second hand store and see if there is a bargin there.  I would probably have something specially made since I have big...um wrists...haha.  It is hard to find clothing to fit me.  This post was edited by . at November 6, 2018 5:20 PM MST
      November 6, 2018 1:20 PM MST

I'd put it in the bank to pay for my house and wear what is in my closet.

I'm not going to look any better or worse with spending $500 on one night.

I have long skirts, dressy pants, all kinds of shoes, even hair pieces if I need.

I can do my hair.

I love fashion, but that is why I have a lot of it in my closets already.

It is so easy to panic and spend and spend.  But I'm over that.

I once spent $300 on a short suede black cocktail dress I wore once.  It was in the '80's so that dress would be at least $500 now.  Point is, I loved that dress, but I got so little wear out of it.

I wish I would have taken better care of it, I could wear it to this soiree we are planning here.

So, I'm done with my ballroom days.  I am happy to just look healthy and energetic.  I am not trying to be stunning now.

LOL

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 6, 2018 10:07 PM MST
      November 6, 2018 3:58 PM MST

There are dress rental companies now for that reason- started up in light of things like Airbnb and Uber. Regardless, I'm sure you'll look stunning for the soiree. 
      November 6, 2018 5:22 PM MST

This would be a lot more fun for me if I were not living in uniforms 24/7.  I used to love to dress up even when there was no where to go.  But now, I am always having to wear some black top and pants and it makes dressing up more of a chore.  

Like baking a cake after not having done it for a few years.

I can get it together, but do I HAVE to? 

November 6, 2018 5:24 PM MST

I rent a swanky hotel room with a jacuzzi and room service then call in a rain check on the event i was suppose to use the money for. ;+
      November 6, 2018 4:09 PM MST

Well I get free haircuts and I have a lot of decent clothes so I would spend it on bling maybe a gold chain for my wallet or something like that. Cheers!
      November 6, 2018 5:12 PM MST