Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Women, have you ever worn a uniform that you thought was masculine or made you feel masculine? If so, is that good or bad? ~

Women, have you ever worn a uniform that you thought was masculine or made you feel masculine? If so, is that good or bad? ~

Posted - November 12, 2018

Responses

ive never worn one but i dont see anything wrong with it
      November 12, 2018 9:40 AM MST

Never have worn a uniform for anything. 
      November 12, 2018 1:05 PM MST

The first one that came to mind was the outfit I had to wear when I was in fast food management in my teens/ early 20s. It was pretty basic; slacks, a button-down, and a tie. A couple years into it, they decided the female managers looked too masculine, so they forced us to switch to scarves instead of ties. I felt ridiculous wearing a scarf. I switched to wearing more feminine ties, thinking maybe I'd get away with it if they had butterflies on them and stuff. No such luck. I was scolded and had to wear scarves. Lame. 

After I saw your question, I remembered the ROTC uniform I had to wear for a while. In that case, I never thought anything of it. We had the option of wearing slacks or a skirt. I always opted for the slacks. 

I don't think I even started wearing skirts or dresses until a few years ago. Masculine clothing was my norm. I was more comfortable in it.
      November 12, 2018 8:53 PM MST