Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » Moms, is 9 years old too soon to wean your kid off your nipple?

Moms, is 9 years old too soon to wean your kid off your nipple?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7688971/mum-breastfeeds-nine-year-old/

Posted - November 13, 2018

Responses

no, its too late
      November 13, 2018 9:33 AM MST

Not surprised that's a story covered by The Sun.
    Admittedly, I would feel uncomfortable with a woman breastfeeding her nine year old child whilst in my present. However, this type of topic brings up an intriguing question....Why do we disagree with this mother breastfeeding her 9 year old, but do not disagree with the local cow giving our nine year old and us adults, udder milk? Cow's milk isn't meant for us, and is from another species delivered from a cow's breast's if you like?

In ancient Egypt adults drunk breast milk as the milk was considered "divine" in relation to the Mother goddess Isis (Inanna in Sumeria). Even in today's church, a statue of a woman can be often seen with one breast uncovered.

November 13, 2018 11:44 AM MST

It's been a few years since I was on a farm, but last I knew - cows were weaned from their mothers by the time they were 1 year old.

As to feeding a child breast milk ... I feel that it is "unhealthy" (mentally) for a child to be breastfed that late.
    Use a breast pump and put it in a cup, I feel is different.
      November 13, 2018 2:04 PM MST

Thanks Walt for your reply, I agree regarding the weening of cows, funny though how we find it inappropriate to drink breast milk after the age of 1, yet we make cows pregnant in order for us to drink their milk when we are adults? This post was edited by kjames at November 14, 2018 5:45 AM MST
      November 14, 2018 5:41 AM MST

Possibly nine years is a bit to long to carry on breast feeding...Three to four years would seem more except able :) 
      November 13, 2018 4:51 PM MST

For me, six months is the charm.  I don't understand doing it for years, but whatever floats their boat.
      November 14, 2018 12:14 AM MST