Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » Was your father grossly, morosely, verbosely based?

Was your father grossly, morosely, verbosely based?

Very negative!

Posted - November 17, 2018

Responses

He had that side.  But, fortunately, he had a very gentle, good and loving side as well.

So, he was kind of hillbilly crude, with all the qualities that go along with that.  Like, he would brag about how his grandpa would hit him with a belt because his grandpa didn't take any sass.

Well, that is not his fault.  He was raised that way.  He was brainwashed to think discipline was good (which it is) but to make sure his kids knew he cared, he would womp our backsides.

I did not like that and I hated my dad for years.  I was wrong.  He would have died for me.  He would have died for anyone in our family.  I like to think of good qualities.  Hard worker, generous and supported us.

I'm sorry your dad was such a moron.  I hope he had some goodness, but to a child that can be very confusing, because you don't know how to feel about a toxic nutbag who sometimes is nice.

You wind up not trusting anyone.  Or worse, think all people act that way and start to develop the same behavior. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 17, 2018 11:36 AM MST
      November 17, 2018 9:56 AM MST

• Hey how did you know? That's all exactly right! I have chronic anxiety and feel like an emotion less monster because of it. I'd not why your dealt, its how you deal with it. My grandfather was a beat policeman in a rough part of town about 40 years?. Off came the belt!
      November 17, 2018 6:24 PM MST

I don't know...he skipped town when I was 6 and I never saw him again.
      November 17, 2018 11:37 AM MST

no
      November 17, 2018 2:48 PM MST

I don't know. We never had a dictionary.
      November 17, 2018 5:20 PM MST