Sharon HATES Trump like Poison
Lenina
god
Zack
Walt O'Reagun
elizabethvitale
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Have you ever counted votes? I did. And I wasn't very invested in being accurate. How the heck can they trust these people?

Have you ever counted votes? I did. And I wasn't very invested in being accurate. How the heck can they trust these people?

It was in the 70's and it was some local election in Chicago.  I had no respect for any politicians in Chicago in the 70's. I was there for the money I was paid by the hour.  Extra money.  Bored and probably did not give an accurate count.  Sue me.  I was young.  

Posted - November 17, 2018

• 3393
    I haven't  but I know a guy that did it a few times and I talked to him about it. I watched a US midterm clip about counting votes and noticed they only have one person at each desk counting votes. In Canada they have 2 people at each desk - one person counts and one person watches for mistakes plus they have Scrootiners walking around watching everybody. If I had it my way there would be 5 people at each desk to make sure there are no mistakes or corruption. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      November 17, 2018 9:38 PM MST
    1

• 35052
    I was very young and needed money and did not take it at all seriously.  I had a table filled with people.  They were all kids and we weren't paying all that much attention.  Not my finest hour.  But trust me, the candidates were not worth two cents anyway.  
      November 17, 2018 9:45 PM MST
    0

• 5528
    The Republican Party in my town asked me to work the polling places. I have a regular job so I had to turn them down. Obama won that year. 
      November 18, 2018 7:00 AM MST
    1

• 35052
    Well, I know enough about you bh, that you would do your due diligence and be as accurate as possible.  

This post was edited by Sharon HATES Trump like Poison at November 19, 2018 6:06 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 10:04 PM MST
    1

• 22239
    not yet
      November 18, 2018 1:54 PM MST
    2

• 10842
    Only for club officers.  
      November 18, 2018 9:58 PM MST
    1

• 35052
    Okay.  Alrighty then.

This post was edited by Sharon HATES Trump like Poison at November 18, 2018 10:24 PM MST
      November 18, 2018 10:05 PM MST
    1