Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Are you ready for the annual turkey coma. :)

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Are you ready for the annual turkey coma. :)

Posted - November 21, 2018

Responses

I get that, too, yes.

Hey, I was going to post the official movie trailer for the movie because it wouldn't spoil anything for you as far as the plot. But, even as I got chilled watching all the scenes, somehow, like most movie trailers (I despise most trailers for SO often giving away HUGE plot spoilers), all the scenes, out of context and out of chronological order, lose all their impact.

I smiled -- after I watched the trailer, I read some of the youtube comments. One person said exactly what I thought, something like -- "What a bad trailer for a great movie." and like I said in Lenina's answer -- the HOURS I've spent in my life just sitting and listening to Jerry Goldsmith's music score for the movie! So wild and wonderful to my ears.
    In fact, I think I will go put that music on right now. Yes. (And for me to stop Simple Minds music, my favorite group -- well, to switch the music from them is saying a lot, ha!)

:)
      November 22, 2018 8:58 AM MST

LOL ...
      November 22, 2018 8:29 AM MST

Some quiet plans with family. And usually, with my sibling/s, there is MUCH laughter. Ha! My brother and sister are two of the nicest and funniest people I know!
    Though my sister and her family will not be there. My brother and his partner and my mom and me. But my sister and all of us got together this past weekend.

And I often don't realize the depth of my parents' positive impact on my upbringing of becoming "me." The first Thanksgiving without Dad. But Mom is doing well.

Then later I best get to work and practice more music.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 23, 2018 5:23 PM MST
      November 22, 2018 8:33 AM MST

Sounds like fun.  First holidays without a loved one are hard.  Fortunately, you aren't alone.  Enjoy.
      November 22, 2018 8:43 AM MST

Yeah, it's a bit strange. My dad passed last year at the end of December. About now, last year, things had started getting a bit heavy.

Yet -- thanks, though!
    A day at a time -- things go well and I have a lot for which to be grateful.
      November 22, 2018 8:46 AM MST

Funny, my dad passed in December, too and my mom passed in December five years later.  
      November 22, 2018 9:23 AM MST

not yet
      November 22, 2018 9:41 AM MST

• Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow AMers :)

We had capon last year, but this year it's back to turkey and ham. 
      November 22, 2018 10:18 AM MST

Hope you had a good day. :)
      November 22, 2018 7:22 PM MST

Thank you SpunkySenior.  It is the day after but I still have much to be thankful and do every day.  It's great to see you and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    :) :)
      November 23, 2018 5:22 PM MST