Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Is being happy to be unsociable a classic sign of narcissism?

Is being happy to be unsociable a classic sign of narcissism?

Posted - November 22, 2018

Responses

• I don't think so. Being sociable sometimes takes a lot of effort and is very uncomfortable for us introverts.
      November 22, 2018 7:12 AM MST

Are you a narcissist?  Not even close.  
      November 22, 2018 6:20 PM MST

I'd certainly be happy just to understand what you wrote half the time!
    ~
      November 22, 2018 8:37 AM MST

Well, if you looked past your grammar issues, you would get it.
      November 22, 2018 6:21 PM MST

It's not a question of grammar, Dear. 
    ~
      November 22, 2018 8:21 PM MST

Exactly Randy!!  It is rather entertaining to try and figure some of them out!!
      November 23, 2018 6:15 PM MST

And I would be as well for the other half of the time.
      November 23, 2018 6:28 PM MST

nnaybe
      November 22, 2018 9:33 AM MST

I think that would be schizoid. 
      November 22, 2018 4:16 PM MST

No, some people just aren't social. It doesn't mean they're a narcissist.
      November 22, 2018 5:55 PM MST

It is not even a minor sign.       Narcissism:  A person who needs to be admired,  have an audience, and be continuously in the limelight; because inside there is a  total disconnect to any feelings.  Therefore,  the ego and mind run riot.  Narcissists  have no filters, because the guilt and common sense and compassion and empathy we all feel around others, especially those we love, is not there. 

No heart, no emotions that are normal, is a big warning.  They are inside their own minds like a gerbil on a wheel, never content and always looking for more. More fame, more glory, more admiration and, of course, every physical manifestation of wealth they can grasp.

Greed.  That is the classic sign.  No possible interest in anyone else's welfare as long as they get what they need.  

Then there is the malignant narcissist.  This is the type that wants revenge on anyone that is not on-board with his agenda of being admired.
    If you anger a narcissist?  Look out.  They have nothing but revenge and seeing your hurt.  Your pain, in their mind calms them down so they don't feel any pain.    Your pain justifies their happiness, even if it is only for a few minutes or a day or a year.    They will go for the jugular and not think a thing of it.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 23, 2018 6:27 PM MST
      November 22, 2018 6:10 PM MST

I would think narcissism would be more on the opposite side of this.  They would want hoards of people admiring them and grovelling at their beauty.  They would want people to be green with envy.  They would feed on people just being graced by their presence.

The only time they might want to be alone is to look in a mirror where they can admire their god-like awesomeness. 

This is only a guess. I am not a doctor nor did I look it up. 

November 23, 2018 6:21 PM MST