Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If weed were legal where you live, would you try it? Regularly?

If weed were legal where you live, would you try it? Regularly?

Medicinal Marijuana is legal here and I would try it to see if it helps with my Restless Legs Syndrome and arthritis pain.

Posted - November 27, 2018

Responses

I've been smoking it on and off for almost 43 years. LOL. More on in my youth, more off now. I never worried too much about the legality or lack thereof.
      November 27, 2018 10:08 PM MST

Stu BEE!!!!  You never cease to amaze me!!  :) :)

You pull rabbits out of your hat left and right!!!!  GOOD For YOU!!  

If you're not careful between your red glasses and smoking a little weed off and on over 43 years???..... I am beginning to think there is an entirely different side to your clean-cut, happy and smart, professor look.  
    I like it!!! Bring it On Stu Spelling Bee!!  Way to Bee!!
      November 27, 2018 10:19 PM MST

I smoked quite regularly even while earning degrees at two Ivy League universities, although I mostly abstained during my first semester of grad school. I had several friends who were fellow students who did so as well.
      November 27, 2018 10:29 PM MST

!
      November 27, 2018 10:35 PM MST

!
      November 27, 2018 11:14 PM MST

You would have if you had lived in the South.  These states have been hell on it.  I've never touched it myself, but many of my friends use(d) it.  The laws here have always been off the charts it seems.  Now they are accepting medical pot so it's probably a matter of time.  
      November 29, 2018 7:00 PM MST

Weed is legal where I live and I wish my dad would use it for his Parkinson's. :(.  He is too set in his ways and won't.  I highly recommend it for Restless Legs Syndrome, and arthritis.  It works wonders for both.

The benefits of Marijuana are truly amazing. 
    And to answer the question you already know the answer to, Yes.  I used to use it recreationaly, regularly .  I haven't in a long time but I should start again.  It probably costs a lot less than the booze in the long run.   
      November 27, 2018 10:09 PM MST

I've always preferred it to booze partly because it never made me get sick and puke. It also wasn't as much of an obstacle to productivity such as earning decent grades in school.
      November 27, 2018 10:25 PM MST

All is true, as usual.  Rum and vodka used to be easier to get when pot was illegal.  Now-a-days, I don't know.  It is pretty easy to get a card for medical marijuana.  I still think it never should have been illegal to begin with.   CBD oil, itself,  has incredible benefits for anxiety, depression, etc. It's fabulous.  
    I have a theory that the liquor companies probably made it bad back in the 60s because it cramped their style when alcohol sales started going down.  That is only speculation but it seems to fit the mold. 
    After MADD started and AA, they really couldn't hide the truth any longer.
    Please don't get me wrong.  I will always enjoy my toddies but a little weed to relax a body before bed or when stressed is a nice thought instead of two toddies not just one to have the same effect.
    Here's another thought that came to mind the other night.  We had to go for a lumber-order drop off.
    Don was driving us to work and we were a touch on the late side.  It's a long drive anyway but he was stressing already.  He got behind a Toyota Camry that was going 35 in a 45.  He was just toodling along, enjoying the view.  It is a Really Pretty drive.  Don was starting to froth at the bit.  He won't tailgate because we are better drivers than that but it was driving him crazy.
    I looked at him, turned down the music, and said, "You know, I bet bosses are more relaxed and police don't have to deal with as many drunk drivers since this law passed.  All in all, everyone is a little more happy and a little less stressed about the little things.  Enjoy your drive honey.  It's a beautiful one."  He did and agreed.  We had a delightful ride the rest of the way.  All three of us that is.  The guy in the Toyota Camry, Don and myself. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 4, 2018 8:56 PM MST
      November 27, 2018 10:54 PM MST

Medicinal has been legal here for quite some time now and I know quite a few people who use it. Personally, I don't care for things that mess with my brain. I don't like prescription pain meds and I rarely drink, so MJ has little value to me. I think if I had a chronic condition that OTC painkillers couldn't help, I would probably look for a CBD solution; something that's low in THC but should provide the medicinal benefits. I'd be willing to explore it as an option, anyway. 
      November 27, 2018 11:23 PM MST

Hi JA~ :)  It's incredible you can keep your head on straight with all us kookie people out here, who love your website but must give you a head ache and drive you crazy from time to time.  Just getting through that sentence alone probably took some patience especially since it has nothing to do with what I'm about to share with you. :)  Well, it does, kind of.... ;)
    You bring up an excellent point and it is one many people are not familiar with. 
    There are many parts of the marijuana plant.  Most people, like my dad, get them confused and don't know the differences.  
    If you have a moment, here is a little peek:

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc

This is on a different scale but still very important.  We sell Canibits at the Pet Cafe.  I have seen anxiety-ridden doberman's temperaments and arthritic-ridden dachshunds health change in less than a month.  This is due to Cannibis.

When I smoked pot, I did it for the THC.  It is part of the plant but is not used for medical purposes.  In other words, I used it for the things you shouldn't use it for.    The medical marijuana isn't used for this purpose.  I"ve never taken it but do know people that do, like you. 

I should try it just so I can speak first hand but I have sold medical marijuana for dogs and cats and have seen nothing but great responses.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 4, 2018 8:56 PM MST
      November 28, 2018 12:06 AM MST

Haha! I love kooky Muggers! I live for you guys, particularly when you're at your kookiest! ;)

I do some writing for the marijuana industry, though primarily as it relates to law. 

For those following along at home who are unfamiliar, I want to clarify a couple of points. All cannabis plants are comprised of the same compounds and the two that get talked about the most are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). They're not "parts" of the plant in the sense that you can hack off a leaf and just get CBD. They're compounds in the plant. (I know you understood that, Merlin, but I'm not sure others would.)

There are all kinds of cannabis plants, just as there are different types of pine trees or maple trees. You could liken it to how certain types of maple might make wonderful syrup, but other types don't produce much or it isn't quite as good, but with cannabis, people look at the amount of CBD and THC present. CBD is medicinal and does not produce a high. THC is also considered a medicinal compound, but it produces the high. So, you can have a cannabis plant with almost no THC. Hemp is an example of this. Colonists used hemp, not for smoking, but for making things like rope. It's rumored some of the founding fathers grew it. Nowadays, new strains are popping up all the time. Growers create all kinds of variants designed for different reasons; to create a greater high, to maximize the CBD, to create different flavors, and so on. 

Generally speaking, states use the THC content to determine if a particular strain is medicinal or recreational. If the strain has low THC, it's medicinal, and that can determine if it's legal or not. However, there are places like Nebraska that even outlaw hemp production, which is just plain ridiculous. And, there are places like Colorado where both medicinal and recreational are legal. And, there are places where medical CBD is legal, but not in plant form; only when it's sold as an extract or oil. I want to say Iowa is like that, but don't quote me on it. O_o

I don't necessarily think smoking pot to get high is bad. I don't think it's any worse than alcohol. If people want to use substances and are being safe with them; not driving and so forth, it's none of my concern at all. It's not for me, but I don't think it's wrong or bad. Also, I don't use marijuana- not for a high and not for medical reasons. I do not use it at all. I have no need for it. However, if I did have a medical condition that I thought might be treated with it, I would investigate CBD as a treatment option. It's legal here to do so and I would have no reservations at all about getting a prescription for it and seeing if it helped. I find it doubtful I would smoke it. I'd be more prone to find some kind of extract or oil or edible with the lowest possible THC content, purely because I don't want the high. But again, that's just me being me and determining what is or is not right for me. Other people can use it for whatever reason they wish and I have no opinion on it, so long as they're not endangering others.
      November 28, 2018 12:57 AM MST

Absolutely Gorgeous!! 
    I'm not sucking up.  I am telling the truth.  You are a pleasure to read.  
    I'm about ready to take my foot and Don to bed but thank you for sharing and caring and writing a great piece full of knowledge and personality.  
    Always Happy Thoughts and Good Vibes. :)  
    Sweet dreams and see you tomorrow.
     Love, Merlin :) :)

November 28, 2018 1:14 AM MST

It is legal and I have used it way before it was legal.   Yes, you do need to obtain a Medical card here, but it is so easy.  All you do is pay the money and show them your medical records.  They will accept many illnesses now, even insomnia if you have seen a doctor for this.  So, see a doctor and tell them you have migraines and insomnia.  That will just about do it.

I found no other DRUG that helped me through issues that medicine never helped.  I used to medicate myself decades ago with alcohol.  I have very difficult time with anxiety.  While the alcohol served to damage further my nervous system even after I had quit for years, marijuana did the exact opposite and allowed me to function.  However, the stigma was very hard to endure.  Now they have edibles and no one can tell when I am affected by marijuana.  

But, marijuana does have  side-effects that most people do not realize … it happens to feel great.  That is the side-effect.  Meaning, I could not stand coming down.  I relied on it to just get me through the day, basically.  It did no physical damage at all, but it masked pains I needed to address.  I had a health crises that caused me to look at what I was doing to my body.  The marijuana was not hurting my body, but it was effecting my ability to put it down.

Now I am drug-free, no coffee, no processed foods, no meat, no animal at all and only living, raw food goes into my body.  Fruits, vegetables and nuts and seeds.  Nothing else.  And I am no longer nervous.  I am much less angry.  I am turning into a nice person.  I am a slow learner.  It only took 68 years.

I feel wonderful and I look forward to every day again.  Long time coming.  I like feeling in control and empowered.   I don't like addictions.  I don't even like needing coffee.  That is over.

I now put Macha in my food and it allows for the most even energy imaginable. I can sleep a few hours a night and feel more refreshed than I ever felt on the strain of marijuana that allows for deep rest.  

That is great pain medication for those who suffer from much stronger illnesses than anxiety.  

I don't need it anymore.   I threw away my crutch. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2018 8:56 PM MST
      November 28, 2018 1:56 AM MST

• "If my doctor prescribed it and I couldn't talk him out of it ... I might try it."
      November 28, 2018 3:37 AM MST

Nope. I'm all for legalizing it, but it's not for me.

I've tried it more than once - every time I get "body whacked", my head remains clear but my body won't respond. It's like being dumped up to my neck in concrete, not a sensation I enjoy. Strictly zero squared.

I believe it should be treated the same way as alcohol - taxed, restrict access by minors and limit what you can and can't do while under the influence - a stoned driver is as much a danger to self and others as a drunk one.
      November 28, 2018 4:19 AM MST

I agree a hundred percent in everything except seeing you stoned.  That would be a treat.  I am giggling right now with the visual I created.  I can see you like the Matrix and Kill Bill when they slow the film down!!  
    Youuuu haaaavveee ssooomethhinnngg yoouu knnoww to doooo buttt it isss goinnnggg tooo takkkeee a minnuuttteeee orrr twooo.... Don'ttt  worrry.  I'll gett there innn justtt a minutte.  Before I telll youuu, wouldd youuu pleasseee pass theee oreoooo cookieeesss????  

I haven't been stoned in a long, long, time but if and when I ever do, I'd like to do it with you.  We would laugh together at each other with each other.  
    If I don't happen to be around if it were ever to happen again, I went through a stage where we would have backgammon matches.  Chess took too long but backgammon was fun.  :) :)  
    I know it is treated that way out here in L.A. as far as the police.  I agree but at least people aren't driving so quickly.  Every thing is toned down a notch.  Better to be slow than fast in situations like this.  :) :)
      November 28, 2018 11:35 AM MST

I will never use any narcotics. Due to a childhood illness, I have less than a full brain to work with, and do not wish to disturb what's left. I also associate pot with hippies and leftists.  
      November 28, 2018 6:22 AM MST

With as smart as you are and quick on the wit, I would never think anything was wrong with your brain.  I still Don't.  
    Happy! Happy!
      November 28, 2018 11:38 AM MST

Less dangerous than any other mood-altering substance yet discovered, including alcohol and nicotine. Less addictive, too.
      November 28, 2018 10:37 PM MST

Well it is legal here but I have no interest.  My cannabis days have long been over.  The people who are now going crazy over its' legalization seem to me to be the same ones who always went crazy over it.  Which, though I was maybe one of them at one time, I have come to see as really very childish and sad.  As if they have not been able to find anything better to do with their lives. 
      November 28, 2018 6:58 AM MST

No, I have seen to destroy too many families. 
      November 28, 2018 7:01 AM MST

Best thing I have ever found for 
    Arthritis and Restless legs
    is Chinese Herbs for that.
    It Absolutely works...
    Little pills, I take 8 after every meal,
    with some warm tea.
    ...5 bucks a bottle
    and it takes the pain away completely...YAY

November 28, 2018 7:18 AM MST

Hi Baba ~ :)  The words of wisdom and peace. :)

I hope you are having a great day! :) :)

November 28, 2018 11:40 AM MST