Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever used the Good Feet shoe inserts? I inquired as to the price, they wouldn't answer over the phone, said I had to stop by for

Have you ever used the Good Feet shoe inserts? I inquired as to the price, they wouldn't answer over the phone, said I had to stop by for

their spiel and a fitting. They said to set aside about 25 to 40 minutes. That makes it seem like some kind of scam, in my opinion. Why can't they at least give me the basic price ahead of time, even a general idea, so that I can decide if I want to devote that much time to it?

If you've had experience with that company, would you please give me some feedback?  Thank you. 

~

Posted - December 1, 2018

Responses

From their page:

"People also ask
    How much do arch supports cost from the Good Feet Store?
    Most run between $25 and $60. If you see any non-prescription devices selling for more than $75, talk to us or to your podiatrist before spending your money. Prescription orthotics will, of course, cost more, but you are getting much more for your money."

I believe you said you don't open links, so put "Good Feet shoe inserts" into your browser and you'll find this and other information.
      December 1, 2018 10:18 AM MST

Thank you!

December 1, 2018 10:53 AM MST

You're welcome.
      December 1, 2018 11:14 AM MST

not yet
      December 1, 2018 1:52 PM MST

This piqued my interest. It seems they sell inserts in the $25-60 range, but they're going to try to sell you on a complete orthotic system based on your needs, and that comes out to over $800. (Or so I read on a forum for runners.)

On the one hand, I can understand them not wanting to give pricing over the phone because each person is different. If you're looking for something for running, it'll be different than what someone needs for plantar fasciitis, bone spurs, malformed feet, hammer toes, and so forth. But, it would make sense to give a range. 

I ran into something similar with a flooring company a while back. They wouldn't give me quotes on anything over the phone. It had to be an in-person/ in-home demonstration. Moreover, they insisted that all decision makers must be present. I was married at the time and my ex didn't really care what I picked, but they wouldn't come to my home for a consult unless he was there. I felt like I had been transported into the 1950s. I ended up ordering through Home Depot instead. 

It's a sales tactic, though. They want you there to give you the pitch. If they can get you in person, they'll have an easier time getting you to upgrade. I have to wonder how many sales they miss out on because of the tactic though. 
      December 1, 2018 2:08 PM MST

Thank you!

~
      December 1, 2018 4:05 PM MST