Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are some people offensive without even knowing it?

Are some people offensive without even knowing it?

Is that worse than someone who know he/she is offensive?

Posted - December 2, 2018

Responses

Offensive is in the eye of the judgmental accuser.

So, in that posture, anyone, even Jesus can be offensive.

Did you ever notice that some people go around all day looking for things to be offended by and never realize they are the ones who want to suffer this disappointment.  They don't look at why they are offended.  They just are.  I have had some nut driving a truck, follow me into a grocery store just so he could announce to me that I cut him off.  

I told him what his accusation meant to me.  I laughed and asked him if he thanked God?  Because we are both alive and I'm sure he is paying for some person he cut off.  Maybe I showed him how careless it is never to do that again.  And most of all, I DO NOT CARE AND GET OVER IT.

So, there is that story.  I did not cut the guy off on purpose.  It happens to everyone.  

And then there are those who leave notes in the laundry room telling you that you are late getting the clothes out of the dryer.

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR TO THE JUDGMENTAL.
      December 2, 2018 7:35 AM MST

Okay, so my dad says in front of the whole family that while I'm "bumming" around South America, if I should happen to be kidnapped, he would not pay any money to have me released.  It was not that he wouldn't pay the money, but that he had to say that in front of the whole family that I took some offense.  Is it just me?
      December 3, 2018 7:00 PM MST

No.  It's not just you.  My feelings would be hurt beyond repair for a long time.  Especially if it came from my dad. :(
      December 4, 2018 10:36 PM MST

• How does one know that they're being offensive?  "Offensive" is subjective, and one may not know when someone chooses to be offensive.   This is my favorite answer to those who choose to be offended at any given moment  though --  Comedian Steve Hughes has a clip on YouTube that I love.

December 2, 2018 8:24 AM MST

i think so
      December 2, 2018 9:15 AM MST

for some,
    it's learned behavior
    that has been personalized
    as normal behavior....
    ...But for a heart that sees only love
    it is seen in a different light,
    for the heart reaches beyond the physical plane.

December 2, 2018 11:05 AM MST

My brother-in-law is. So was my first wife.
      December 2, 2018 12:47 PM MST

yes
      December 2, 2018 4:15 PM MST

I took a fence once ,but my dad made me put it back cuz it let some guys dog get out........
    Now I stick to taking liberties.....it's much easier, as long as I don't take Statue's   :( 
      December 2, 2018 4:22 PM MST

• Haha!
      December 2, 2018 6:10 PM MST

:)D 
      December 2, 2018 6:14 PM MST