Discussion » Questions » Family » Have you ever had someone show up in your life and claim that he or she was a long-lost child of yours? ~

Have you ever had someone show up in your life and claim that he or she was a long-lost child of yours? ~

If so, was it all a complete surprise, or did you already know or suspect that there was a child out there somewhere?  Were you prepared for the possibility that one day you might be approach you?

If none of this has ever happened to you, what do you think you might do if it were to happen one day?

Posted - December 2, 2018

Responses

Someone shows up at least once a week claiming to be my child... so far genetic testing has proved them all right. 
      December 2, 2018 8:14 PM MST

When I was a teen, A friend invited me to stop in to a house in town. He directed me to the back yard where a girl was hanging out with a badmitten racket and she challenged me to a game. We played a while and then my friend reappeared and we left.  Some months later, he told me that the girl with the badmitton racket was my sister. I told him he was full of crap! I found out from my mother that she had been married to another guy when I was like 2 years old, and had a child who was taken away by the father, never to be seen again. 
      December 3, 2018 6:48 AM MST

no cause ive never had children
      December 3, 2018 10:22 AM MST

Yeah, my daughter.
      December 3, 2018 10:24 AM MST

• "No" ... but my Certificate of Virginity
    should send them packing if it's ever needed.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 4, 2018 6:04 AM MST
      December 3, 2018 11:21 AM MST

I'm pretty sure that if I had a child out there, I'd be aware of it.
      December 3, 2018 4:50 PM MST

For women they know if they had a kid or not.  For guys we are never sure. 

It has never happened to me, although with my travels and deployments in my Pup Days there is a possibility. It may have happened, however I was always so afraid of STD's I always used a condom unlike some of my buddies.  Stateside probably no, Asia & Eastern Europe a slight probability, Mother Russia slight probability.

DNA testing is fast and relatively cheap these days.  Consequently I would have an answer relatively soon.  Do not know what my reaction would be however This post was edited by Archerchef at December 5, 2018 5:01 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 4:59 AM MST