Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Can natural forces cause weird, mysterious events to happen?

Can natural forces cause weird, mysterious events to happen?

A guy (fellow atheist) related this event that happened recently -he was lying in bed late one  evening when he heard sound of shattering glass in his house. He got up to find out the cause and found a glass plate had come out of a closed cupboard door and smashed on the floor in the kitchen. No explanation how. No intruder,  his doors all locked up,  totally sure he never left the plate on the edge of his counter. Mystery. 

My own experiences -years ago i'd seen my doctor to get a form,  a statement that would qualify me for disability. I took the paper home and put it in the top drawer of a desk. Later to make the appointment to see my social worker with the document I opened the desk drawer: no paper. I searched the other drawers and around the room; it had totally disappeared.  I did find it some time -months later in one of the lower drawers. Mystery. 

Another time early this year I got my income tax slips in the mail I put put them on top my pile of papers in a chest of drawers. When time came to take the slips and have my income tax filed I took the slips from top of the pile and had someone do the paperwork for me. Then I got a letter from Revenue Canada saying they received tax slips from year 2016 instead of 2017 so I gotta fix it. How did my 2016 slips get to the top of the pile from being buried underneath somewhere. Anyway I found my 2017 slips at the bottom of the pile of papers and got things fixed up.
No idea how that could have happened.  Mystery mystery. 

Posted - December 2, 2018

Responses

Yesterday I walked into a room and actually remembered why I went there.

It was the bathroom, but still that felt like a small victory.
      December 3, 2018 5:29 AM MST

That's a significantly unnatural event.
      December 3, 2018 6:13 AM MST

Seriously? I would think the urge to go would be a strong hint.
      December 4, 2018 7:06 PM MST

Your atheist friend was simply a victim of some cockroaches pushing the glassware down. They may have been assisted by some bedbugs.  Such unholy critters they are! 
      December 3, 2018 6:35 AM MST

Oh..? Yeah maybe. 
      December 3, 2018 7:52 AM MST

Of course, certainly. And we don't have to be atheists either. 
      December 3, 2018 6:57 AM MST

I watched miracles happen right in front of my face.

The atheist would spend all the time in the world trying to say it wasn't so.

So, you can smash a glass in front of you people, but it still does not sink in.

I had a vision at work around 1999.  I had had it with my life.  It was in the toilet spiritually and I begged God to show me a sign to show me what I needed to do to improve my life.

Please GOD.  YOU HAVE TO ASK.  ATHIESTS DON'T GET THAT ONE.
    And when he answers, they don't see the answer no matter if a glass comes out of a cupboard and smashes.

It must have been... this or that.  NO.  It was a calling card to your friend to wake up and see that there is more to life than what the mind and eye comprehend.

You may find God in written words, but you will never SEE God that way.  You have to talk the talk and walk the walk.

So I begged God.  And I started rifling through my desk drawer and found an old tattered New Agey type newspaper I had kept for some reason.

In it were listings of places that were spiritually minded places.

I ran down the list and saw Satya Sai Baba Center, Phoenix.  I knew that was the number I needed to call.  I read a book about Him.  I knew he was Divine.  I wanted to know more.

I called.  A woman answered and told me that they had singing and study circles on Thursday.

I got a message in my head.  It said.  GO.  Do not make any excuses.  YOU NEED TO GO NO MATTER WHAT.

There were times during the week before that Thursday, that made me want to put it off till the following Thursday.  The voice in my head said DO NOT DO THAT.  GO Thursday.

So, I went.  And then I found out the reason for the urgency I heard in my head.

The woman (that story is also incredible, who she was)  answered her door.  All Sai meetings are held in homes of devotees.  No money is ever exchanged.   Money causes problems especially in church settings.

So, I see Carmal Nicks for the first time.  She says to me:  Oh Honey.  I am so glad you came. Swami was here yesterday and He has never visited me at this Center.  This has happened in other Centers, but never here.

I know Sai Baba lives in India and never leaves the land.  So, what the heck was she talking about?

I go into the room where the altar is.  

On Sai Baba's Picture there is a mound of holy ash that could not possibly have been put there by any human because it was hanging on the picture and it was like freshly fallen snow in ash form and sticking out from the picture about an inch or two.  Meaning, it should have fallen down all over the place but it was suspended in mid air from His picture.

Now if you saw that, you would be immediately thinking how did she do that trick?

I have common sense.  There is no way in the world this woman who could care less about fame and glory much less lying about the God we all know is GOD would try any trick anyway.

Plus this happens all over the world.  Not just in this house.  But the atheist will make excuses because the atheist has to be right.

The atheist is not right.

I Was told to go there.  I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO OCCUR.  

And compared to the other stories I have, this is small potatoes.

But you are an atheist and God could part the ocean in front of you and you would say it was some glitch of the earth.
      December 3, 2018 8:08 AM MST

When weird mysterious events occur is not convincing that supernatural forces must necessarily exist. We do not understand what strange natural forces are in existence and  the occasional occurrence. 

I'll relate some of my experiences were 'interesting' (omitting a lot of detail, trying to be brief)

I had abscesses in my mouth and had seen the dentist who made an appointment to see me next day for treatment.  In the morning abscesses had totally disappeared. Mom said keep the appointment anyway. Dentist examined my mouth three times because 'how could those abscesses just disappear'? So he sent me home and he seemed a bit angry like I was playing a joke or something. 

Another time when I was new in the Navy I noticed some guys playing poker,  looked interesting so I joined the game hardly even knowing much about the game. I ended up owing a guy $750.00 -payday stakes. He was an agressive guy determined he was going to get his money.  "You're going to have to sell your car" he said.
    Next evening I joined in the game again and I have no memory how I played the game but ended up breaking even with him. Lucky?

Three years ago I began having chest pain during the night then next day I saw my doc who sent me to clinic for tests. I happened to meet my friend Mimi and mentioned my chest pains.  She insisted I go to emergency NOW because chest pain must be taken seriously. MRI scan showed nothing that could be cause of pain but but a 'shadow' showed up on the scan in my right lung.  First stage cancer. Thanks to unexplained chest pain -and Mimi the tumor was removed which by now would have been stage 3 or stage 4 and terminal.

Plus several other  'miracle' instances which helped me out of bad situations which I had got myself into. 
    The 'God' I believe in (ha ha) does not require to be prayed to, worshipped or thanked.  This post was edited by Kittigate at December 3, 2018 7:49 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 8:52 AM MST

I understand. You are the one who refuses to understand.

Natural forces are forces that are part and parcel of the way the Universe operates.  That still does not explain where the first particle came from.  Where did it come from?

Take a guess.  Most of the Universe is composed of nothing.  NO Thing at all.  That is where God resides.  In the nothing.
      December 4, 2018 6:57 PM MST

Do you understand there was no 'first particle'? Scientific Law proves matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed. 

-Always existed. No need for a supernatural creator.

God parting the ocean? He did not even part the Red Sea.  It parted on its own at a place where it is only a mile wide and shallow due to sand bars. One could walk across at low tide. This post was edited by Kittigate at December 4, 2018 8:21 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 7:09 PM MST

Interesting---usually it is predicated of God that He "always existed" by those who believe in Him.

And when you say "Scientific Law proves matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed" you are citing "classical" physics.

I suggest a bit more reading---start here:  https://www.physicscentral.com/experiment/askaphysicist/physics-answer.cfm?uid=20120221015143

This post was edited by tom jackson at December 4, 2018 7:55 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 7:36 PM MST

Okay?  Let's play your silly game.  

If they always existed, doesn't that make little sense even to you?  You claim or your atheist buddies claim that we don't live forever.  Where does our particles go?  What about the YOU part of the equation?  Do you think that just happened?  How?  How did you get born?   Were you the exchange of matter and energy?  Okay.  Where did that energy and matter come from?  If everything always was and always will be?  No beginning? 

Well, if there is no beginning HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THIS.

PROVE THAT THERE WAS NO BEGINING.  Prove it.  And don't hand me some bs about Scientific Law.

That was something that came out of the mind of Scientists.  How do they know.  Were they there? 

Hawking himself couldn't figure it out.  I'm sure there was this big reason.  Because it does not work that way.

There are scientists who only can go from one fact to another.  Those facts change as much as their data.  It is not written in stone.  It CHANGES the more scientists learn.  And the more they learn, the closer they GET TO THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU BREAK DOWN THE SMALLEST PARTICLE, THERE IS NOTHING.  SO THOSE PARTICLES CAME FROM no thing.  no thing.

Scientific LAW.  Read.  

Those particles came from no thing.  Therefore, some THING had to create the reason for their existence.

They didn't just decide all by themselves to appear.  How?  How did they just appear.

December 4, 2018 7:46 PM MST

The particles  (matter /energy) came from a state of zero dimension -not exactly nothing- at the occurrence of the 'big bang' 

Google  Big Bounce theory. This post was edited by Kittigate at December 4, 2018 10:47 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 8:01 PM MST

And what happened before that?    I don't care what ideas you have.  On how.  There is a point where you just gotta say, you don't have the foggiest.

So, don't act like this is a good answer. It is a possibility.  But hardly anything that disproves God.  

God is TIMELESS, FORMLESS, ENDLESS and He is part and parcel of  every particle, every molecule, every atom and that no thing in between the matter?  That is something you know NO THING about at all.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2018 8:23 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 8:20 PM MST

Big bounce theory explains the infinity of existence. 
      December 4, 2018 8:24 PM MST

Ok. Then explain it so I can understand.  That is not answering a thing.  

Prove with your big bounce why God does not factor in.

This is so stupid.  I hate to debate on here.  This is not a site for back and forth.  

December 4, 2018 8:27 PM MST

I consider myself an atheist trying to find God actually. If I ever find Him i'll let you know. 

Maybe the best means to find God is to have a little doubt that he exists.  This post was edited by Kittigate at December 4, 2018 8:42 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 8:34 PM MST

I'll give you this.  At LEAST you are not Mike Pence or those idiots that say God exists but He exists only in the way that is convenient for them.

You do not do that.

However, I will not hold my breath for you to find anything with the tool you are using to find Him.  

I'm sorry, this is mean, but Atheists are DENSE.   Remember the old adage, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see?  That is an atheist.  Nothing will change his mind because you cannot get to God through the mind.

You can get to God by shutting out the mind and seeing what remains.  

And guess what?  IT TAKES A LOT OF FREAKING WORK.  

So, you will never find Him.  Unless you have some major transformation in your life.  Good luck with that.
      December 4, 2018 8:57 PM MST

I may have alredy found a god that is suitable for me; to believe in;  one that does not have to be prayed to, worshipped,  be thankful to  or even acknowledged. I like a god like that
    Maybe I could even quit calling myself an atheist now.
      December 4, 2018 10:59 PM MST

Your assessment of atheists is straight out of the 14th century, ill-informed, prejudiced and laughable. 
    Here you are claiming you have common sense while admittedly hearing voices in your head.
    The irony.

Just admit you know little to nothing about atheism and be done with it, your critique is grossly inaccurate. It’s OK, we already know you don’t understand. You aren’t alone. 
    That said, I would be happy to address any rational queries you may have about the Atheist position. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 4, 2018 9:32 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 4:24 PM MST

Like I said.  Athiests are children playing at being the God they refuse to accept.

I would have heard voices in my head, had there not been confirmation.  

That confirmation seems to really annoy you and you refuse to even consider that part.

It is not voices in my head if the voices happen to come true.

This is not the first time, not the only story.  But why go on?  It falls on very deaf ears.

Sad for you.  You live in a very limited way in a very limited idea of how the Universe actually works.

December 4, 2018 6:59 PM MST

You believe in god because you wish to, and that makes god exist FOR YOU. It's otherwise known as a self-fulfilling prophecy. An atheist chooses not to believe, and that makes god not exist FOR HIM/HER. So God's existence and non-existence go on simultaneously. There's no objective reality about it.
      December 4, 2018 7:10 PM MST

no Stu.  Not true.  I believe in GOD because I have proof that God exists.

I cannot explain it to someone who has not experienced all the things I have witnessed.

I was just like you for years.  I was looking for God the wrong way.  You take one step towards God, and He takes ten towards you.  Try being open-minded enough to consider the possibility.  Then get on your knees and sincerely ask for illumination.  Ask God to please show Himself.  And be patient.

It may take a month of your doing this.  Have you ever tried?  Then do not talk to me about what I wish.  You have no idea what I wish so don't speak for me.

What I wish is that you know what I know.  That is what I wish.  I must be patient as well.  You are here on your own path and your path is just as valid as mine.  

But, I have already went that route.  Now it is time for you to catch up.

NOT ME.
      December 4, 2018 7:19 PM MST

BS. You believe what you wish to believe. Nobody has objective proof. If they did, there would be no debate or any need for it.
      December 4, 2018 8:43 PM MST