Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Music » Is it more normal but unfitting for Alice Cooper in his Killer album to say she'd rather shoot me in my back instead of my tracks!

Is it more normal but unfitting for Alice Cooper in his Killer album to say she'd rather shoot me in my back instead of my tracks!

Posted - December 5, 2018

Responses

I'm not very familiar with that album so I can't answer the question. But I would still like to brag and say that once Alice Copper nodded his head at me and I felt like a Billion dollar baby. Cheers!
      December 5, 2018 6:21 PM MST

• You know? The one that goes The telephone is ringing..you got me on the run..I'm driving in my car now..anticipating fun............indecipherable lyrics.... I got you under my wheels honey...why don't you let me be. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 7, 2018 5:42 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 6:24 PM MST

I guess I do know that one.  I'd rather be shot in my tracks then my back so I'm going to say - yes it was normal  and uplifting  for him to say that. Killer was OK but my 2 favorite are Love It To Death and Billion Dollar Babies. Cheers!
      December 5, 2018 7:03 PM MST

• Back in 75, the Billion Dollar Babies album was a special treat for me and my childhood friend at 15 who loved it. We went..this is so good, it's never going to end..And it was..Great album! Alice Cooper seems very much like an English perfectionist in Rock but born in America..Intellectual Rock a bit though. Right? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 7, 2018 5:42 AM MST
      December 6, 2018 12:03 AM MST

Alice Cooper is a he. Why would he say that "she" would do anything? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at December 7, 2018 12:31 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 7:12 PM MST

What does that even mean?

Alice is living in my state of Arizona.  His big deal is being on the golf course.  He is not interested in shooting anyone.

December 5, 2018 8:00 PM MST

I'd enjoy talking with him for a bit, I bet. I like a lot of his/their music.

But I can't golf.
    :)
      December 5, 2018 8:03 PM MST

That's my favorite Alice Cooper album. But I guess I've never paid really, really close attention to the lyrics. The "Dead Babies"-to-the-end-of-the-album songs are what hook me every time -- to me, best when listened to in chronological order to the end.

Image result for killer alice cooper This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 7, 2018 5:41 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 8:00 PM MST

• Gooooodbye...Little Betty....Soooooo long..Little Betty...Dead babies can take care of themselves....Dead babies..Can't take things off the shelf....whAAAaaa..How was that real baby noise on that song made?
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 7, 2018 5:41 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 11:59 PM MST

Yessss -- that was the first song I remember the most from the album.

Little Betty ate a pound of aspirin. (I think I may have gasped that first time; I was pretty young.)

From what I remember (I haven't listened to the album in a long time), if you listen to the very end of that baby-crying sound, the voice sounds like an adult male at the very end, as in, they somehow manipulated electronically the guy's voice?
    I'm not sure, of course.
      December 6, 2018 8:41 AM MST

nnaybe
      December 6, 2018 2:43 PM MST

I've never known much of anything normal about or around Alice Cooper.

So, fit or unfit, I think it is fitting for Mr. Alice Cooper to sing anything he sees fit. :) ;)
      December 7, 2018 12:35 AM MST