Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » You and your significant other each receive $250k USD* with the conditions that you have to live apart until the money is spent,

You and your significant other each receive $250k USD* with the conditions that you have to live apart until the money is spent,

neither of you can spend any of the money directly or indirectly on each other or for each other, neither of you can save or invest any of the money, it must be spent on yourselves and other people to assist in current daily life, both of you must return to living with each other after the last cent is spent by both of you, and finally, both of you must agree to this deal or neither of you will receive the money. If one or both of you declines, you're each charged $2,500 USD** payable to the fund that presented the offer. 

What would you do?

*Or the equivalent of $250,000 US dollars in your country's currency. 
**Or the equivalent of $2,500 US dollars in your country's currency.

~

Posted - December 16, 2018

Responses

OMG - spend it on other people no problem, I could do that with ease.  Would not know where to start spending it on myself.  I basically have everything I need.  No big wants or desires except to ride my bike along the beach is my only "me" desire.  I can't even imagine how someone could spend that amount of money on themselves.  
    I did think of one thing, dental work.  
    This post was edited by . at December 16, 2018 7:53 AM MST
      December 16, 2018 6:27 AM MST

December 16, 2018 6:47 AM MST

A question before I answer. Can she or I give it away?
      December 16, 2018 7:54 AM MST

Yes. 
      ~
      December 16, 2018 8:01 AM MST

The only thing I would not give up if that kind of money were offered to me, is GOD.

Of course, I would.  I could do so much good with that money, that my petty desires for company and companionship would fall by the wayside.  If I were married, I would share a lot of it with my significant others as well as the rest of the planet.   I don't need a lot.  I just want peace of mind and my bills paid and not being a burden to anyone else.  The rest would be to help in any way possible to lift the burdens of others.
      December 16, 2018 7:58 AM MST

"The only thing I would not give up if that kind of money were offered to me, is GOD."

Excuse me, but what does this mean?

~
      December 16, 2018 8:07 AM MST

It means she would never betray her belief and worship of God for any amount of money. 
      December 16, 2018 8:10 AM MST

Well, I just think that if you cannot understand English, maybe you should try to see the forest and not the commas or in your case, trees.
    Since there is nothing to correct, you actually have to think and read and listen to content.

It makes perfect sense.    Money is small. It is an opportunity.  It is not the be-all end-all in anyone's life.  However, when great wealth is bestowed out of hand, for no reason, that is a test and a signal of responsibility.  I choose to think I would use it for greater good.

December 16, 2018 10:17 AM MST

What are you even talking about?  I merely asked what you meant by what you wrote, simple as that. You took it as an excuse or an opportunity to be insulting and rude. Nothing I asked you had to do with punctuation or grammar or syntax or anything similar to them. You tout yourself as being enlightended, you had a chance to share the enlightenment, yet you chose to respond from the lowest common denominator of your character. I wasn't looking for anything to correct, I was looking to understand. Thanks for showing what enlightenment has done for you; it must be fake. 
      December 16, 2018 10:27 AM MST

I cannot believe you are that obtuse.    You run around the site giggling with Stu and irritating and trolling everyone because?  You are NOT rude?  

The stuff I wrote to you in private, I stick by.  That does not give you license to act any way you wish and try and correct me.  I should have known you would not get what I meant.  

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  WHAT?   Now you are injured?  Give it a rest dear. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 16, 2018 10:38 AM MST
      December 16, 2018 10:33 AM MST

Do we get to keep what we buy? 

Of course we each would give our 10% to charity.

I would buy cars for everybody I know. Pay off the house. Anything after that can pay on families mortgages. 

My husband can buy lake property large enough for all of us to build a house on. And prepay future vacation for 2 to Israel. 
      December 16, 2018 8:06 AM MST

i would probably stay living apart
      December 16, 2018 8:39 AM MST

My wife would give hers to her daughter or buy a car or whatever. We would change our mortgage to my name only and I would pay off the house and buy a new car. That will leave about 100K remaining, which I will give to my children.
      December 16, 2018 11:17 AM MST

That is DUM. D-U-M. DUM. That is spherically DUM. I mean it's DUM any way you look at it.
      December 16, 2018 11:41 AM MST

• we've lived apart 3.5 of the four years we have been together so that would be easy 

i doubt i would have any problem spending it but he might, he is kind of a minimalist 
      December 19, 2018 11:26 PM MST