Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are the most dangerous countries in the world for Journalists?

What are the most dangerous countries in the world for Journalists?

Posted - December 25, 2018

Responses

Those where freedom of speach is prohibited ..They should never head off to places like that...:( 
      December 25, 2018 5:03 PM MST

You know what though, Ms. J?  The one's where freedom of speech is BLATANTLY prohibited are safer these days than the ones who supposedly honor freedom of speech, but are lying about it.

Here?  No one is safe anymore.  Where you live?  I doubt if someone wanted to off you for saying something, they could.  Look at that reporter poisoned by the Russian agents who sought asylum in the UK.  

So, to change the subject, Merry Christmas again.

December 25, 2018 5:21 PM MST

No one is untouchable anywhere in the world.....it's impossible for any country to be on high alert 24/7....... How can you protect yourself from every person you will ever meet or walk past....
    We don't have freedom of speech in England.....Speak out of turn against the establishment and you'll be locked up or far far worse depending on who you are..
    Happy Christmas to U2.....  Lol 
      December 25, 2018 5:29 PM MST

NJ?  I never knew that.  I swear, I think I know what is going on and you tell me that things are really strict over there and I am thinking about the idea that there is not a lot of crime in the UK.  I must be really naïve.  

Thanks for expanding my small brain a tad.

Happy Happy 2 U 2.
      December 25, 2018 5:42 PM MST

If you are menial  for a poor working class family.....no one would take any notice if you...if you then became a nuisance you'd be taken to court and done for a breach of the peace ..if you ask saying defamatory things in a public place about anyone important....It would never ever be tolerated....
    Tony Blair shredded up all his expenses recites when in power.....other politicians got prosecuted for fiddling their expenses....Multi multi millionaire had nothing said about his crime yet every one knew he was guilty....Our whole legal system is crooked from the high court judges including Lawers and Solicititors 
    Recently a really high ranking top judge got exposed as a Peadophile....because he had dementia,the Goverment didn't want to prosecute him.....
    Another sickening fact.....once you become a top English High court Judge.......no matter what you do ,that tittle can never be taken from you....:( 
      December 25, 2018 6:39 PM MST

There is a lot of crime ,drugs related...vechile thefts ,computer freud..all sorts of scams..... 
    Banks pay .05 of a% interest yet charge %30 plus on credit card debt...
    The poor over here pay for everthing....Murders in London are on the rise...card fraud....House burglers...road rage....economic immigrants come here in their thousands....there are boat loads in the English channel being rescued at this moment....
    We have so many pick pocket on our London Underground Trains....the fly in from South America and Italy .....
    Its getting impossible to drive on London roads....It's 20 mph on nigh on every road and God help you if you want to stop or park....
    Local government in London act more like the Gastapo....one road camera can take nearly two million pounds a year from motorists...It matter not what Goverment gets into power...They all look after themselves and delight in screwing the general public...
    People living in London are basicly cash cows for those in power...
    The love of money rules England now it feels...Rock their boat in any tiny way and you will get a smack and be hounded until you cough up....
      December 25, 2018 7:11 PM MST

Thank you for the head's up on all of this.  

December 26, 2018 8:59 AM MST

I find it  funny...all these so called clever government  we all have around the globe....  Not one has thought about trying to clean the oceans of man made plastics and chemical wastes that forever pour into our rivers ,seas and oceans...8 million tons of plastics get into our oceans yearly......in twenty years it will be fifty million tons a year they say.....
    There will be no need for wars ......in the not to distant future ......it will be pollution that will be wiping out mankind.....they will be no safe havens anywhere...:(
      December 26, 2018 12:59 PM MST

• Probably the one with Freedom of Fiction.
      December 26, 2018 8:17 AM MST

India would surely make it to the list this time around..
      December 26, 2018 10:01 AM MST

no idea
      December 26, 2018 1:04 PM MST

Depends on the kind of danger.
    According to Forbes Magazine the following countries were the deadliest in terms of specifically targeted murders of journalists last year:
    Afganistan 13
    Syria 9
    India 5
    Mexico 4
    USA 4
    Central African Republic 3
    Yemen 3
    Brazil 2
    Columbia 2 
    Israel and the Palestinian Occupied Territories 2

But there are other kinds of danger.
    In some countries, journalists just disappear and we never learn their fate.
    In some, like China and Korea, they can be kidnapped, taken to "re-education camps", tortured and interropgated.
    Many are falsely accused of spying and end up in jail/gaol for long periods of time, losing weight and becoming malnourished while waiting for trials. Often the trials are unfair and judicial processes are abused. Sometimes all the efforts of Amnesty International, diplomatic ambassadors and the journalist's government's attempts at rescue fail.
      December 26, 2018 6:18 PM MST