Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » I give up. This place is still saturated with political hate subjects. Check back later when its a little more possitive. ;(

I give up. This place is still saturated with political hate subjects. Check back later when its a little more possitive. ;(

Posted - December 28, 2018

Responses

i dont blanne you
      December 28, 2018 12:42 PM MST

I for one am not politically motivated.....You shoe'd know that....:( 
      December 28, 2018 2:23 PM MST

• Your heart is in the right place, but I'm afraid that this site will always be exactly what it is now, that being a repository for all the hatred, bitterness and self righteous indignation  that liberals can unload. 
      December 28, 2018 5:42 PM MST

Urban Dictionary defines "Devil's Advocate" as One who takes up the opposite argument to another person's statement or position, just to cause a problem for them.

Do you consider than an accurate description of your role here?---or would you define it otherwise? 
      January 27, 2019 4:00 PM MST

• What’s wrong Carbie? Do you want me to beat someone up for you? :)
      December 28, 2018 8:13 PM MST

Hi Jaimie, I sure did miss you. And nah, nasty people beat themselves up enough as it is. LOL
      January 26, 2019 3:30 PM MST

• True that ;) I’ve missed you bunches too:)
      January 26, 2019 4:19 PM MST

Image result for gifs of happiness
      January 26, 2019 7:04 PM MST

•   January 26, 2019 7:05 PM MST

Image result for gifs of missing you
      January 26, 2019 7:08 PM MST

•   January 26, 2019 7:11 PM MST

Image result for gifs of cartwheels
      January 26, 2019 7:13 PM MST

•   January 26, 2019 7:17 PM MST

Image result for funny animal gifs
      January 26, 2019 7:20 PM MST

•   January 26, 2019 7:23 PM MST

• it's never going change unless certain members are kept in check. frankly i think the subject should be banned. this isn't a political forum 
      January 26, 2019 4:20 PM MST

A random quote from the internet:

.....political forums are dying out. They represent the greatest and last frontiers for anonymous political debate before society shifted to less private platforms such as social media. The forum is the software of yesteryear, or rather of the late 1990’s to mid 2000’s and many do not exist anymore.

Edit:  added italics
    This post was edited by tom jackson at January 26, 2019 7:09 PM MST
      January 26, 2019 6:16 PM MST

• i think the real reason is that the garbage that's posted here is just that - nonsensical garbage, it doesn't serve any purpose other than to incite arguments and hate. the political posts here would be deleted on a real forum and they'd likely be banned for posting bait 
      January 26, 2019 6:22 PM MST

I agree that there does seem to be a good amount of nonsensical garbage posted on here regarding politics...There are one or two people on here who may be trolls---but their answers and comments are so obviously composed and slanted that they are easily spotted.... 

Other members seem less informed about reality than others---and their answers are only as good as their information...

The main problem I have is that the TOS (terms of service) on here require all opinions to be respected...

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive and a member of this site, I wonder how his opinions on the value of human life would be treated.
      January 26, 2019 6:40 PM MST

Have you left?---I don't remember.
      January 26, 2019 6:21 PM MST

Nope. Just dont visit as often.
      January 26, 2019 7:10 PM MST

Sigh.  I know just what you mean.  So discouraging having to come into contact with all the hatred.  Even trying to avoid it you know it is all around you.  I missed when you posted this a month ago.

Ironic that the people who are the most guilty of it are just those so willing to accuse of "hate" anyone who does not agree with them.   Expressing different opinions is wonderful but when people become so set in them they are unable to respect the opinions and freedoms of others then who needs them?

Was quite a shock for me getting on to the net ten years ago and finding out just how many people not only disagree with me but hated me.  And the  situation has since become much worse - pretty much to the point of intolerance.  So many are so eager to either do away with us or punish us in some manner or stifle us just for being ourselves.  I'm sorry I have lived to see this become so general.  
      January 27, 2019 7:34 AM MST

From the Internet:

Just because someone is being mean doesn’t mean they aren’t right.

In The End, This Is How You Transcend The Haters

There are some people online that act like jackasses 99% of the time.

There’s some people on Medium who literally comment on articles with nothing but venom from sun-up to sun-down.

I think it’s time to stop saying these people and their comments are totally worthless.

We’re failing to separate how they’re saying things from what they’re actually saying.

Hate is a great place to find malice, but it’s also a great place to find your faults.

Appreciate the haters for that. Respond to the haters (respectfully) if it pisses you off. Then wash your hands of it and allow them to go about their business hating on everybody else.

In the end you’re the one who “won.”

You learned something new, and you engaged with someone like an adult instead of a child.

And most times our haters can’t seem to do the same.

That’s why you’ll transcend them.

January 27, 2019 4:10 PM MST