Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How would you react if you was born with a birthmark on your face ?

How would you react if you was born with a birthmark on your face ?

many must not know, but i was born with a birthmark on my cheek. i grew up with it, but eventually during my teenage, i had surgery to remove it.

since then i never face ridicule anymore. i pass unnoticed in crowds, but in the past i use to get looked everywhere i would go.

Posted - January 26, 2019

Responses

• I am sure I would feel very unattractive no matter how loved ones might assure me.  You are fortunate now to have had surgery to remove it.  Too bad they don't seem to remove it when kids are little so that they don't have to endure bullying and insults.  I am happy for you that you feel more normal and are happy:)
      January 26, 2019 12:50 PM MST

thanks for your comment. yes, it is long time ago now, but it was tough times... it was hard to fit in high school, i often felt like a reject. i never would have thought that i could remove it...

after removal, my life changed. i stop getting stared and judged by others .
      January 26, 2019 12:57 PM MST

• You are very welcome:) That had to be such a hard struggle for you as a young person! I doubt anyone could have been unaffected by such a huge appearance issue!  Your face is the first thing people see when they meet you! And of course with a birthmark on your face that is what people focused on!  Not fair;( I am glad you had the successful surgery and can live your life like all the rest who have never had to deal with such a traumatic issue:)
      January 26, 2019 1:03 PM MST

Hello franc533
    Well I wasn't born with a birth mark, however about 20 years ago I suffered a serious injury which left some pretty bad scars on my face. My nose was broken, my teeth were knocked out, sinuses shattered, major damage to my forehead, eye socket etc...I was very self conscious about it for years..
    I remember when I fist got out of the hospital the stares I would get, especially from children..
    I have come to the conclusion though that it is not my problem, it is the problem of those who stare.
    This is now who I am and people can " take it or leave it This post was edited by designer at January 26, 2019 2:22 PM MST
      January 26, 2019 1:45 PM MST

My sister's friend was born with a giant birthmark all over her face. She had surgeries to reduce it but it was still bad. Today, it has gotten better, it just looks like  burnt skin. 
      January 26, 2019 6:42 PM MST