Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How many different metals have you consumed, either in a compound or elemental?

How many different metals have you consumed, either in a compound or elemental?

Posted - February 5, 2019

Responses

I have consumed - iron, copper, mercury, nickel, zinc, lead, as well as calcium, sodium, and magnesium (alkali metals)  These metals are abundant in the soil around here and I don't wash things I grow that thoroughly (mmmm... dirt!).  I've probably consumed gold, silver and a few others as well (I really haven't kept track). This post was edited by Shuhak at February 5, 2019 11:12 PM MST
      February 5, 2019 2:25 PM MST

Does that mean the that you go off the rails at times when you go loco and are all steamed up.....:(
      February 5, 2019 4:29 PM MST

NAh, Ijust have a big caboose.
      February 5, 2019 11:11 PM MST

OH DEER...I'm just so  Stag'gared by your last comment...:(
      February 6, 2019 1:42 AM MST

We eat food grade powered iron in our fortified breakfast cereals ,magnesium in our sea salt ,many minerals in our mineral water ,mercury in our Marlin and Dolphin steaks ...
    In England we have Coppers in out pockets and nickel kinds of foods when we go shoplifting....
    We get sodium in our salt as well as magnesium,lead in our water and guys have lead in thier pencils too...
    And to compound it all.....we drink Swiss  Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps with actual  gold leaf floating in it....it's 43.5 % and was 53.5 
    Absolute Vodka has gold in it now and so does brands of Champagne 
    Apparently it can get very very messy trying to recyle all that gold. .....it's certainly not a job for minors as most all of them have school in the morning here in England ...:)D 
      February 5, 2019 5:04 PM MST

Dolphin steaks?
      February 5, 2019 7:00 PM MST

The Jappanese have a love for the taste of whale meat and won't stop hunting these most magnificent creatures....Why the world tolerates it God only knows.....
    The other anal thing they do is herd pods of Dolphins in to shallow bays around their own coast line and trap them there behind huge nets....They then jump in the water and slash them with razor sharp  huge swords...they even slash and kill the baby Dolphins in front of their mothers.....
    Its the most horrific thing I've ever witnessed on films and on par or even worse the the way they use to kill all whales....

There are the Faroe  islands owned by Denmark  high up above Scotland....each year the herd Pods of  Pilot whales in to bays and close to the shore....Danes in small boats dip long chain saws into the water to kill the whole Pod of whales including all the new born whales as well......it's done to blood the island Danish children and only little if any is kept to be eaten....the bodies of the whales are al just left to rot.... 

These people have no respect for anything either..

February 5, 2019 8:10 PM MST

Na, K, Mg, Ca, Fe, Cu, Mn, Zn, Ag. Possibly traces of Al, Ni, Pb, Au and almost certainly a little Hg at the dentist's. 
      February 5, 2019 6:34 PM MST

I just had an iron and copper sandwich for lunch. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 5, 2019 11:15 PM MST
      February 5, 2019 11:14 PM MST

Of the 91 naturally occurring ellements, 69 are metalls. 

Sir Humphry Davies was first to isollate alluminum and he suggested three names: allumium, alluminum and alluminium. The English preferred to call it alluminum, and the Americans preferred to call it alluminium. After a whille both sides switched.

Yttrium, yterbium, terbium and erbium all honor the same llittlle town in Sweden, which is not remembered for any other reason.
      February 5, 2019 11:59 PM MST

All of the synthetically produced elements are also metals (Technetium and the high-numbered transuranics), and hydrogen has metallic properties under extreme pressure where temperatures are too low to initiate or sustain nuclear fusion - such as in the core of Jupiter.
      February 6, 2019 5:14 AM MST