Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Music » What is your Favourite song by a Canadian artist? If you don’t answer this I will Assume you hate Canadians and my heart will be broken...

What is your Favourite song by a Canadian artist? If you don’t answer this I will Assume you hate Canadians and my heart will be broken...

Posted - February 8, 2019

Responses

• I didn’t know they are Canadian, good song thanks :)
      February 9, 2019 12:31 PM MST

February 8, 2019 9:07 PM MST

• Haha of course ;) perfect, thanks 
      February 9, 2019 12:32 PM MST

Hello Jaimie
    Anything by Rush, who I consider to be the best band ever.
    Their streak of gold and platinum albums is topped only by the Beatles and the stones, over 40 million albums sold, thousands of shows over 40 years has to be a record. They have stayed true to themselves regardless of what the "music intellegencia" had to say, risking fame and fortune in favor of doing their own thing has produced a cult following that is unrivaled. Their influence is undeniable, their raw talent is unmatched.
    There are too many songs to list but here are a few notables.
    As Don Barzini  said, Tom Sawyer
    Limelight
    Xanadu
    YYZ
    Red Barchetta
    the Trees
    Closer to the heart
    Spirit of the radio
    Freewill
    La Villa Strangiato
    Subdivisions
    the Analog kid
    Cygnus X-1 book 2
    Entre Nous
    One little victory, (one of my favorites as it is about Neil Pearts coming back from the tragedy of losing both his daughter and wife in the span of 1 year)
    and countless other songs

February 8, 2019 9:28 PM MST

• Wow you’re a big fan. I didn’t know about that song about losing his wife and daughter:( I’ll have to listen to that one later, thanks :)
      February 9, 2019 12:34 PM MST

Hello again Jaimie
    The album 'Vapor Trails" was their 'coming back' from the tragedy of Neil's loss. Upon finishing their 'Test for Echo' tour in 97' the band received the news that Neil's daughter had been killed a car crash, In an effort to deal with the news, the Peart's moved to grieve. Later that year Neil's wife passed from cancer. Feeling lost, Neil took off on a motorcycle ride that took him some 50,000 miles and a few years. it was some 5 years later hat they decided to get back to the studio and start recording again. The album had to touch on what had happened.
    They could have easily, and quite understandably called it quits,
    Yes, I am a huge fan and have been since the beginning. As a drummer myself in my teen years, I wasn't into the normally popular bands of the time, Rush provided me with the inspiration to learn and play music that was out of the ordinary,
      February 9, 2019 2:22 PM MST

• Wow, thanks for sharing that with me. I must admit I’ve never payed much attention to that band but know I’m interested in listen that album knowing the history behind it. 
      February 9, 2019 3:37 PM MST

Hello Jaimie
    Here are a few of their songs

February 9, 2019 3:47 PM MST

February 9, 2019 3:54 PM MST

• When answering or commenting you hit insert then put that link in video section :) these links will work too  so thanks take the time to find them  :) I’ll look at them a bit later. I gotta get some stuff done first lol. Stupid stuff to be done :/ 
      February 9, 2019 3:59 PM MST

see if this works
      February 9, 2019 4:04 PM MST

• Yes! It worked :)
      February 9, 2019 4:41 PM MST

I could be mistaken but Neil Young is Canadian right? If so, this:
      February 8, 2019 10:19 PM MST

• He is :) I love him. I’ve seen him live a couple times, so good.
      February 9, 2019 12:35 PM MST

I hope I get to before he dies, I know that's morbid but he really is an Old Man
      February 9, 2019 1:44 PM MST

• I know what you mean :) last time I saw him live I think was four or five years ago. He was old then, but still put on a great concert :)
      February 9, 2019 3:42 PM MST

February 8, 2019 10:27 PM MST

• Hadn’t heard of them before. I listened a bit of it, sounds good. I’ll get back and listen more later if I remember lol. Thanks :)
      February 9, 2019 12:37 PM MST

•   February 9, 2019 12:06 AM MST

• Yessssss! Can’t have this list missing Brian :)
      February 9, 2019 12:38 PM MST

• Neil Young .. Heart of Gold (at Farm Aid in 1985 not far from where I grew up in IL)

February 9, 2019 1:23 AM MST

• I will NEVER grow tired of my "Grunge Pioneer" husband, Neil.   LOVE him so much. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 9, 2019 4:09 PM MST
      February 9, 2019 10:08 AM MST

• I agree lavender!  And he's still playing his music!

February 9, 2019 10:21 AM MST

• Love him:) great pick! 
      February 9, 2019 12:40 PM MST

Generally ...I can only tell where people come from when I hear them talk...Do Canadians sound like Americans or do they sound the same...:) 

Who are some famous Canadians I would have heard of artist ,actor wise ? 
      February 9, 2019 3:03 AM MST