Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Does anyone else have a problem with the messaging system here? I very rarely PM, but last few messsges I’ve received I can’t reply.

Does anyone else have a problem with the messaging system here? I very rarely PM, but last few messsges I’ve received I can’t reply.

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

• The problem I have in not only PM but sometimes just replying to a thread here is waiting for the cursor to work so that I can reply.   If I don't wait, then when I type it's all blank and doesn't work.   It's frustrating, because it sometimes takes an entire 30 seconds.  I know, Champagne problems, but it's annoying.    Same problem in PM.  That's the only issue that I have had though.
      February 11, 2019 5:46 PM MST

• Thanks, I can’t even type in the reply box. Like I said I rarely message but i don’t want friends thinking I’m just ignoring. I always reply. Also I have same kinda problem you do lately in threads. More is that I’ll type something out then can’t hit submit. Then have to reload page and my answer or comment gone. Grrr :)
      February 11, 2019 5:50 PM MST

For years, I had an iPhone and this issue of fighting to get the cursor to show up in the reply field never reared its ugly head.  About a month and a half ago, I bought an Android phone, now I have that problem and a myriad of others.

~

February 11, 2019 8:44 PM MST

• I am always on my laptop, so who knows?  I guess it is just one of those mysterious glitches.
      February 11, 2019 8:49 PM MST

• Yep, I have had that problem as well.   I am Amish when it comes to figuring out the solution to that stuff.   
      February 11, 2019 5:54 PM MST

• Haha my solution is if I know I’m going to type a long response. I just type it in my notes And copy paste. So at least don’t have to type it twice. I’m more a bandaid than a solution person lol. 
      February 11, 2019 5:57 PM MST

• I have done that as well.   I do that in my email too, if my computer starts getting wonky.   Bring on the bandaids...at least until help arrives.
      February 11, 2019 6:00 PM MST

• We’re geniuses then. 
      February 11, 2019 6:01 PM MST

When the cursor doesn't show in the reply field, click the "Font Sizes" button on and then off, or almost any other button that's part of the reply field.  The cursor will then show up.

(I'll take my Asker's Pick off the air, please, Jaimie.)

~
      February 11, 2019 9:19 PM MST

• Yes, that is what I have been doing.   
      February 11, 2019 9:20 PM MST

• Okay but I don’t really think that’s fair to other answers :/
      February 12, 2019 7:43 AM MST

• Holy shizzat. I just tried the font trick when I couldn’t get a post to go though and it worked. Okay maybe you do deserve best answer. 
      February 12, 2019 9:39 AM MST

I have two browsers.
    In one, I, too, cannot even type a word in the message box when "private messaging."
    But I can type in the message box if I go to answerMug using the other browser. So, if I need to private message someone and/or reply to a private message, I go to the one browser.

February 11, 2019 6:21 PM MST

• Oh, I never thought of using an other browser, Thanks Welby. 
      February 11, 2019 6:26 PM MST

Sure thing. I hope you work it out.
    :)
      February 11, 2019 6:41 PM MST

Are you using your hand-held personal electronic communications device or a laptop or desk top?
      February 11, 2019 6:56 PM MST

• I only use my iPhone for this site. My laptop is owned by my employer and I’m afraid they spy on my activity lol. Yes I’m paranoid. 
      February 11, 2019 7:04 PM MST

I don't know what an iphone is.
      February 11, 2019 7:07 PM MST

• You’re not THAT old. Lol
      February 11, 2019 7:11 PM MST

You didn't know? I am your grandfather.
      February 11, 2019 7:17 PM MST

• Darth Vader? is that you?
      February 11, 2019 7:21 PM MST

That's interesting. I wasn't aware there were functionality issues for anyone. 

I know in the past, there have been browsers we were not compatible with, but we did make sure we worked on Explorer/ Chrome/ Firefox/ Safari. If the site isn't working well in those browsers now, it's probably because they've updated and we need to make adjustments to adapt to their changes. I pretty much use Chrome and Safari and don't have issues with those. You could try using another browser (as others have mentioned) or write a detailed description on what's happening and when it happens and leave it as "feedback" for me. If I know what browser you're using and if it happens across browsers, I can isolate it a bit easier. 

That goes for anyone here experiencing an issue. Please use the "feedback" tab to keep me in the loop. If I don't get detailed feedback from you guys, I have no reason to think something isn't working right. 
      February 11, 2019 9:58 PM MST

I am a pain about this one.  First off, I get it wrong sometimes.  Secondly, I have a tendency to not have the reason why defined very well.   I shall do my best.
      February 11, 2019 10:04 PM MST

Fair enough, but if multiple reports come in, it's easier for me to find the commonalities between them.
      February 11, 2019 10:09 PM MST