Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why would someone like Sen. Klobuchar even try to run for President. WHO CARES about this woman and what she thinks? WHO CARES?

Why would someone like Sen. Klobuchar even try to run for President. WHO CARES about this woman and what she thinks? WHO CARES?

We have tons of people running against TRUMP.  How is this going to help our cause.  How about a few good people?  This is getting so stupid.  

Posted - February 14, 2019

Responses

And she has NOTHING to say.
      February 14, 2019 12:50 PM MST

I Love Your Teeth.  But, do you have anything to say other than politics?  My Word.... One of the reasons I escaped this site was because it was run by politics.
    I'm sure you must have some other thoughts.
      February 14, 2019 2:32 PM MST

You get duds in every crowd. - it’s the law of averages. That said, the more choices that are presented, the more chance of finding a better option. Bad enough we are stuck with only two viable parties. 

...Or would you prefer to have just one candidate shoved down your throat by the party like last time? Not me. 
      February 14, 2019 2:38 PM MST

Hello there Don Barzini
    As much as I detest the two parties we are stuck with, more importantly, the politicians who make up the two parties, I do worry about a 3 or 4 party system.
    With two parties, the winning candidate needs to win 51% of the E.C. votes. With 3 parties, the winning candidate could win with only 34% of the E,C. votes, even less with a 4 party system.
    I don't think the American public would stand a President who won with only 26% of the vote..
      February 14, 2019 8:26 PM MST

Hi Designer,
    While I agree with your point, it can be said the American public isn’t standing so well with the current Pres who won 46.4% of the vote.
    It is the current presidency that should remind us that it isn’t the popular vote percentage that wins the WH, anyway. Whoever gets 270 Electoral votes wins. 

As an aside, I would wonder how more truly viable parties would affect the abject partisanship that now rules the day This post was edited by Don Barzini at February 15, 2019 4:31 PM MST
      February 15, 2019 3:54 AM MST

Hello again Don Barzini
    About half of the U.S. public aren't standing for Trump, just as about half wouldn't stand for Hillary Clinton as President.
    Because the United States is a collection of sovereign states, each with their own Executive, Legislative and judicial branches, able to pass their own laws without affecting the rest of the country I am for the Electoral College system. It is the states that basically elect the President, it is the people of those states who elect congress, which is done by a popular vote, as well as the executive for each state
    If we were one homogeneous country without the borders which define each state and only one executive branch then I would be in favor of a popular vote.
    I fear that more parties would just end up giving people more to detest..

February 15, 2019 5:02 PM MST

I'm from Minnesota and we love Amy Klobuchar.
      February 14, 2019 5:49 PM MST

That's surprising to me.
      February 14, 2019 9:44 PM MST

She can't be any more lame than Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren.
      February 14, 2019 9:37 PM MST

Can somebody persuade Tammy Duckworth to run? A decorated combat veteran and a moderate - bipartisan support is achievable. Also, unlike the current crop of candidates, she's not a refugee from the nursing home - half their age.
      February 15, 2019 2:05 AM MST