Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you and your closest friend ever ended up in a romantic, long-term relationship with each other? ~

Have you and your closest friend ever ended up in a romantic, long-term relationship with each other? ~

Posted - February 19, 2019

Responses

Yep.
    That's my husband and me.
    I don't think it was ever romantic.
    But he has been my best friend from a few months after we started dating 35 years ago.
      February 19, 2019 9:33 PM MST

That's quite true almost......The first person I got my first proper job with ....we hit it off from the first day that we met....
    We became a couple within around two months maybe and we are still together now....:) 
      February 20, 2019 1:16 AM MST

• Definitely not.  Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.  Independent ProdigalSon and Relationship ProdigalSon cannot be allowed to meet. THE WORLDS CANNOT COLLIDE!
      February 20, 2019 7:26 AM MST

• it wasn't long term but in my sophomore year of high school i started dating this kid i had known since third grade. he dumped me for a guy after like two weeks. it was kind of weird tho because i texted him hey and he was like dont text me anymore i can't do this and i was like um ok dramatic much 
      February 20, 2019 7:32 AM MST

• Oh how fun you caught someone right at the peak of their "Who and What Am I?" phase.  Always such a "fun" roller coaster. 
      February 20, 2019 7:40 AM MST

Mostly my boyfriends and now my husband have been my closest friends.  But the friendship grew out of the relationship. Or they just came together.  I have sometimes had sex with friends like what the young people refer to as FWB but never developed into anything romantic or long-term. 
      February 20, 2019 7:43 AM MST

I don't have any friends other than here. No romantic relationship allowed.
      February 20, 2019 7:55 AM MST

A good friend from grade school ended up in a short term romantic relationship and went our separate ways - so to speak.  She met her husband, I met my Ex we attended each others weddings.  She helped me through my divorce, I helped her through the death of her husband.  We are currently with great partners and moving on with our lives.

So we have maintained a friendship for over 50 years, yes we have been lovers, and yes at times we have asked "What if".  Now does that count?
      February 20, 2019 11:02 AM MST

Yes.  And he was gay.  We gave up trying to fight it.
      February 20, 2019 11:04 AM MST

Does that mean the two of you gave up trying to avoid the relationship, or that you gave up trying to make it work?
    ~
      March 13, 2019 6:19 AM MDT

• Yes. 
      March 12, 2019 4:07 PM MDT