Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » should you start drinking less

should you start drinking less

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

I started drinking less in 1983 (were you even born yet?)  and I never looked back.  My life slowly got better and this is an AA saying that I keep because it is true for me.  "I would not trade my worst day sober for my best day drunk".  

I had great days when I was partying.  I did or I would never have gotten started on that path.  I had a lot of fun.  But I would not trade my worst day sober for my best day drunk.  

I have totally beaten any desire to pick up another drink and I have been through hell and never even gave it a consideration.

Of course, being medicated the RIGHT way did wonders and enabled me to quit.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 4, 2019 12:53 PM MST
      March 4, 2019 9:16 AM MST

Depends on the day, who I am interacting with, and what I have been doing.  I live in a Beer and Wine centric culture, drinking is Ok, over indulging is frowned upon greatly.  So we drink, but in moderation
      March 4, 2019 10:36 AM MST

I started out that way.  It took years for me not to care about what others frowned upon as they and I both started to drink in earnest.  Hope that never happens to you and it doesn't seem like it will, but be careful.  That disease sucks.
      March 4, 2019 10:43 AM MST

Probably, but I no longer give a crap. I have cut way back though.
      March 4, 2019 12:54 PM MST

I stopped drinking when I got myself a funnel.
      March 5, 2019 3:27 AM MST

i dont drink at all
      March 10, 2019 5:42 PM MDT