Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you have an old piece of clothing that's seen much better days but you keep wearing it because you love the person who gave it to you? How attached do you get to gifts from others? Why?

Do you have an old piece of clothing that's seen much better days but you keep wearing it because you love the person who gave it to you? How attached do you get to gifts from others? Why?

Posted - August 28, 2016

Responses

You're the one that's attached  WHY? 

August 28, 2016 8:18 AM MDT

No. I had a blankie once, but one day it went into the washer and came out in the form of fuzz. I never formed any attachment to any fabric after that.

August 28, 2016 1:32 PM MDT

• I had an old bedspread my dog used to love to take his naps on.  The dog passed away a few years ago, but it took me forever to get rid of it even though it was old, faded, and ripped in various places. 

August 28, 2016 1:33 PM MDT

I can relate to that char.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. I have an old sweatshirt from Cal Berkeley that my son gave me when he got his undergraduate degree in 1987! You can imagine how tattery it is. I still wear it around the house sometimes. I can't throw it away and I certainly can't use it for a dust cloth. I also have a long-sleeve blue top that an ex-fiancee of my son's gave me  maybe 10 years ago. On the front it shows a cup half-full and says "cup half-full" and on the back is a winking happy face.  I LOVE that top and I keep wearing it around the house too. She was a very lovely girl and I felt sad when they broke up. We tried to keep in touch but at one point she told me that it hurt too much so that was that. She also gave me a fridge magnet I treasure...It says "Good friends are like stars . You don't always see them, but you know they're always there". I will always love her like a daughter. Thank you for your reply! :)

August 29, 2016 5:32 AM MDT

I get very attached to gifts of clothing.

August 29, 2016 6:18 AM MDT

So you understand precisely what I mean tk. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)

August 29, 2016 6:28 AM MDT