Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What nitpicking laws are in your state (country) that drive you crazy?

What nitpicking laws are in your state (country) that drive you crazy?

In my state, the animal police go around to stores and restaurant parking lots looking for animals in cars.  If they feel the animal is in distress, you get a fine.
I love animals and I have a pet, but don't you think it's interfering a bit much when people are looking for problems and getting into your business?  What gives the state the right to tell you how to take care of your pet?  "Oh, I see your pet's toenails are too long.  Bad owner!"  

Posted - March 29, 2019

Responses

I have no idea.
    Like Trump, I have done nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for so why would I care what the silly laws are?  I don't see cops because they have no reason to see me.
      March 29, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

Maybe if you had an old dog and you kept it in the car (knowing full well he was ok, after all, he wouldn't be that old if you abused him) and then some cop got in your biz, you might care?
      March 29, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

What? 

WHA?  What does THAT have to do with anything?  

I live in Arizona.  We don't have any laws regarding old dogs and cops getting in my face?  WHAT does this even mean? 
      April 4, 2019 12:08 AM MDT

• We have fire bans in the summer. I don’t like it. I’m not an idiot, I know to keep buckets of water by my bon fire, so leave me the faaak alone. 
      March 29, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

Yes, leave us the faaak alone!  We are not idiots.  Not, I tell you, not!

March 29, 2019 2:11 PM MDT

• Lol:) ikr?
      March 30, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

• My right to set things on fire shall not be impeded!
      March 29, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

• Exactly! 
      March 30, 2019 8:46 AM MDT

Maybe you should drive through California and see the devastation.  Maybe.  
      April 4, 2019 12:09 AM MDT

• New Hampshire sells liquor at the Highway rest areas,
    we do not need auto insurance on our cars,
    we do not need to use safety belts if we are 18 or older,
    we do not need to wear helmets on motorcycles if we are 18 or older,
    Marijuana is legal in Canada, Vermont, Mass, and Maine (All of our border states and country, But...

WEED IS NOT LEGAL IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!

That is retarded 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 18, 2019 9:52 AM MDT
      March 29, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

I was almost ready to move to New Hampshire until I read your bottom line. *sigh*
      March 30, 2019 10:11 AM MDT

If ANY state could use the DOUGH, it's that one.
      April 4, 2019 12:10 AM MDT

I hear there is chaos and disorder in Colorado because everything is legal.  I hear from the non-smoking community that they are totally irritated by it.  
    People come from other states to buy stuff and it is causing a CLOG.  Supposedly.  If all the states were LEGAL, then we would not have this problem.  
      April 18, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

In my "progressive" liberal state,  the PTB "Einsteins" who RULE my state have now banned plastic bags in their COMMPASSIONATE quest/effort to do their part in helping to save our planet Earth...therefore passing a LAW to replace plastic bags with those brown bags that are made from TREES that we use to use... that were banned back in the 70's because SUPPOSEDLY using those bags made from TREES were KILLING THE PLANET back then in the 70's, smh lol.  Eh but now while at the grocery store they offer you free cardboard boxes or free brown paper bags while packing up your groceries OR you can pay .10 cents per bag for there store's ENVIRONMENTALLY friendly reusable PLASTIC bags lol!!
      March 30, 2019 12:52 AM MDT

There‘s only one m in compassionate. 
      March 30, 2019 1:40 AM MDT

I bet you're an English teacher!  I just know it!
      March 30, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

nope ,i is knot 1
      March 30, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

Eh people on-line who commmmment(LOL)on spelling typos...... are the people in our great country who have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on their hands...thus HAVING THE TIME to point out spelling typos of words to PROVE how wicked smaaaaaaaaat they are lol!!!!!!!!
      March 31, 2019 1:02 AM MDT

Wow, you spent more time commenting on people who comment on typos than I spent commenting on the typo.  Talk about having too much time on one's hands, lol.
    ~
      March 31, 2019 7:20 AM MDT

Lol....eh my short comment about the ISP (Internet Spelling POLICE) only took me a few seconds to type out :)
      April 1, 2019 10:12 PM MDT

Wow I did not know that, smh......thank you for pointing out my TYPO....you must be wicked fun at parties. 
      March 31, 2019 12:52 AM MDT

There are two r's in retarded.
      April 18, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

Shhhh okay?  
      April 18, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

Regulatory and auditing laws on the federal level such as Dodd-Frank designed to harass and cripple business and banking and penalize hard work and  success.  Exterior and interior and Federal auditors all with their own sets of rules  which make no sense and to comply with you have to hire a small army of office workers.  

In Massachusetts we have more do-gooders per acre than anywhere else in the world.  People who view themselves as "righteous" and believe everyone must emulate them and are quick to get laws passed compelling us all to act like them.  In Concord, near where I live, they passed a regulation banning the sale of plastic water bottles.   Which inspired an opposing "Save the Water" campaign. In many towns here, including where I live, they no longer allow plastic bags unless they are recycled and we bring our own.  To save the planet. Which some years ago they tried to save by outlawing paper bags.  Now the paper bags are back and all of them too small and with no handles.  I guess to save part of the planet. 

Now I am all for good works but I think we should be able to have a choice and should be incentives for doing the right thing.  Instead of only hey do it like us or face prosecution.  Much too totalitarian for my taste.  

Here we receive a fine if we don't wear our seat belts in our cars.  Very annoying. Trying to save us from ourselves. 

But then the very same people decriminalized marijuana and mandated that it be available to everyone everywhere.  Combination of the people who have always believed it to be God's greatest gift to man and the do-gooders who pity " the poor marijuana addicts".  Can no longer walk in public without smelling it every few minutes. 
      March 31, 2019 6:56 AM MDT