Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will there be a concerted liberal news media campaign in the next week to discredit our president?

Will there be a concerted liberal news media campaign in the next week to discredit our president?

Is that anything new? 

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

It never stops. 
      April 2, 2019 5:32 AM MDT

He does plenty to discredit himself, without their help. 
      April 2, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

Yes.  Next week and then the week after that and the week after that.   I wonder what drives the hatred?  My dad hates President Trump.  He posts a lot of anti Trump junk on Facebook.  My ex's parents hate President Trump too.  Because of their hatred, I no longer have a good relationship with any of them. It's insane!  There has to be more to it then just politics. Is it possible that the President is their scapegoat or punching bag?  President Trump has triggered something in these people that has brought out their ugly side. It's a shame that many people's relationships have been destroyed because of it. It's crazy and senseless.  I am very sad. 
      April 2, 2019 7:15 AM MDT

I can understand why people would not like his style. Way he sometimes acts with people and belittles people to discredit them is not the way a lot of us were brought up.   But I have worked over the years with people like that enough that I can't find anything extraordinarily out of the mainstream about those things. He believes you put your best foot forward and always show complete confidence in yourself  and don't show any weakness if you want people to respect you.  Don't trust anyone beside yourself.  Which is nothing especially unusual.

Some people resent his wealth.  Others the fact that in business he has played a big game.  And his penchant for deflating a lot of liberal "sacred cows".  He was a Democrat - as I was for many years until the party went so far to the left as to lose all touch with practical realities. 

But I think a lot of the resentment comes from the fact that people expected Clinton would win in 2016 and she did not. For which they blame themselves for taking that too much for granted and not working hard enough.  Plus he is a symbol of the fact that many Americans resent the liberal party line. 
      April 2, 2019 7:29 AM MDT

Can't they beat themselves up instead? Maybe it would knock some sense into them, lol. 

I know the President has some unattractive qualities. He doesn't have good people skills...  But he has a very important job to do and how can he do it if people keep obstructing him in every way?  It seems to me that either you are for the good of America and it's people or you are for the good of your party and yourself.

Our government is corrupt and probably has been for many years.  I'm not sure how honest "honest Abe" was either.
    We have been divided against each other while the governments flourish.  People don't seem to see that.  It's one side or the other. 
    How about one side - the side for the good of America and it's people?

This post was edited by Natz at April 2, 2019 8:27 AM MDT
      April 2, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

I am disturbed by the fact that they don't seem to be able to just disagree with someone or dislike someone  and let it go at that.  They feel they have to "investigate" them, convict them, and destroy them.  In other words you are a "criminal" if you don't agree with them.  Which is scary.  I was brought up to get along with others and work with them. When I was growing up you may not have liked someone but you got along with them and learned from them and worked with them. 
      April 2, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

It is scary and very disturbing, like you say.  I was accused of many things by the people I love most.  Of course they didn't say it to my face:  they hid behind different types of media to get their points across.
    I am not racist, misogynist, a member of the kkk and all of the other insults they sling my way.  Don't they know me better than that?  
      April 2, 2019 8:02 AM MDT

I would think they would know you.  But the way such terms are used now they are used rather to discredit if you don't agree with them.  I remember the first time in my life I was called a "racist" was on this or another net site when I posted something critical or "Black Lives Matter". I was almost 60 then!  After years of working against racism!  And once when I posted something good about men I was accused of suffering from "the Stockholm Syndrome".   So weird. 
      April 2, 2019 8:18 AM MDT

That is weird.  Maybe they feel that if you don't agree with them, you are AGAINST them.  Or maybe they feel that their sanity is being questioned.  Which it is!  lol
      April 2, 2019 8:54 AM MDT

Nope. Nothing new at all. Trying to discredit President Trump has been the focus of the liberal news media since he became President. At times, they make it look as if their existence depends upon it and that it's their sole purpose for living. :)
      April 2, 2019 7:51 AM MDT

• To be fair it isn't hard to do it.  He does lie through his teeth, spins and holds maps upside down.
    Is the hype little over the top and .chicken little?  Yes, but so it was under Bush2 and Obama,  nothing new. Does that change the fact Trump is a showman selling snake oil?  No.
      April 2, 2019 8:04 AM MDT

You think the media attacked Obama? No in the USA they did not. 
      April 2, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

• You.just have never times into AM talk radio or Fox News.  Yes,  the news agencies that slanted right of center did the same thing.
      April 2, 2019 8:34 AM MDT

Doesn't matter what they do.  You are looking at the last days of a total moron. 

Say BYE BYE.
      April 2, 2019 8:58 AM MDT