Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Where are the best Italian restaurants? I will fly there. Colorado has very bad Italian food. I am very sad. :(

Where are the best Italian restaurants? I will fly there. Colorado has very bad Italian food. I am very sad. :(

Posted - April 4, 2019

Responses

I love Colorado so MUCH I would forsake Italian just to live there.

Paravicini's Italian Bistro
    4.6  (1,542) · $$ · Italian
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Opens soon ⋅ 11AM
    Classic dishes from a vibrant trattoria

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano
    4.4  (457) · $$ · Italian
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Opens soon ⋅ 11AM
    Classic Italian fare & a casual setting

Dat's Italian!
    4.3  (677) · $$ · Italian
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Closed ⋅ Opens 5PM
    Traditional, family-run Italian eatery

More places

Web results

The Best Italian Restaurants in Denver, Colorado 2019 - 5280

https://www.5280.com/2019/02/where-to-find-denvers-best-italian-food/

Feb 13, 2019 - Related Stories. Angelo's Taverna. Bar Dough. Barolo Grilland Chow Morso Osteria. Bettola Italian BistroCafe Jordano. Carmine'son Penn. Cattivella. Coperta.

Where to Find Denver's Best Italian Food - Eater Denver

https://denver.eater.com/maps/best-italian-restaurants-denver-boulder

Dec 6, 2017 - Note: Restaurants on this map are listed geographically. Osteria Marco. Panzano. Coperta. Lo Stella Ristorante. DiFranco's. 955 N Lincoln St Unit D, Denver, CO 80203. Luca. 711 Grant St, Denver, CO 80203. Barolo Grill. 3030 E 6th Ave, Denver, CO 80206. Quality Italian. 241 Columbine St., Denver, CO 80206.

10 Best Denver Restaurants for Italian Food - 303 Magazine

https://303magazine.com/2018/03/best-italian-food-denver/

Mar 14, 2018 - Here are our 10 favorites for the best Italian Restaurants in the Denver ... Italian classics and more, it also appeals to the palate of Colorado's ...

The Ten Best Italian Restaurants in Metro Denver | Westword

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/the-ten-best-italian-restaurants-in-denver-2016-...

Nov 18, 2016 - Hokey Poke: A Second Helping of Westword Food & Drink, November 14-18. Barolo Grill. 3030 East Sixth Avenue. Coperta. 400 East20th Avenue. Frasca Food & Wine. 1738 Pearl Street, Boulder. Il Posto. 2011 East 17th Avenue. Luca. 711 Grant Street. Panzano. 909 17th Street. Sarto's. 2900 W. Spuntino. 2639 West 32nd Avenue. ...

THE 10 BEST Italian Restaurants in Denver - TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com › United States › Colorado (CO) › Denver

Best Italian Restaurants in Denver, Colorado: Find TripAdvisor traveler reviews of Denver Italian restaurants and search by price, location, and more.

10 BEST Italian Restaurants in Colorado Springs - TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Colorado (CO) › El Paso County › Colorado Springs

Best Italian Restaurants in Colorado Springs, El Paso County: Find TripAdvisor traveler reviews of Colorado Springs Italian restaurants and search by price, ...

Best Italian Restaurants in Denver, Colorado - Thrillist

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/denver/best-italian-restaurants-denver-colorado

May 16, 2017 - Didn't think Denver had amazing Italian restaurants? Think again. Here's the best in Mile High -- from pizza and pasta to wine and... eve...

The 15 Best Italian Restaurants in Denver - Foursquare

https://foursquare.com/top-places/denver/best-italian-restaurants

Mar 22, 2019 - Postino is one of The 15 Best Italian Restaurants in Denver. ... Denver Westword: Food is prepared with ingredients from Coloradofarms and ...

Maybe YOU DON't HAVE TO BE SAD.  Did you try any of these?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 6, 2019 9:05 AM MDT
      April 4, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

Never heard of any of these restaurants!  I will definitely give it a try.  
      April 6, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

• I know you're not a fan of Chicago .. but I have to say that they do have some of the best homestyle Italian restaurants around.  Even for "fast food" ... theirs are great.  Portillo's is one of the best places to get real Chicago dogs and Italian beef ... Giordano's or Pizzeria Uno or Due for deep dish pizza.  Nuthin' was better than my little Italian Grandma's food though ... :)
      April 4, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

I have been there many times when I loved deep dish.  Now I cannot stand that stuff.  I want the New York thin crust and that crust needs to be very tasty.

I had the same grandma.  She would have loved your grandma.  
      April 4, 2019 11:56 AM MDT

• Deep dish is an abomination.and isn't even pizza.  It's a lasagna with the noodles replaced with bread.
      April 4, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

And my grandma would never eat that crap.;

She did have a nice pizza that was thicker than thin crust, but that was because of the air, not the dense, soggy, mush that passes for pizza crust in thick deep dish.

And she would make a "bread" that had just olive oil and tomatoes on the top and called it Pizza bread and I was addicted to it.  Very yeasty and olive oil tasting.  
      April 4, 2019 12:44 PM MDT

• Using mind a slightly thicker crust or even Sicilian pan pizzas, though thin crust is unquestionably the best,  but deep.dish is just so doughy and it doesn't cook right.

I have family that gives in Chicago and they didn't like it either and were vocal a out it not being the most popular with  Chicago citizens either.   Few people outside if it know there is a Chicago style thin crust too and its good.

You ever had pizza with provel  cheese though?  Ugh it is the worst, its like candle wax.
      April 4, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

I agree.  However Giordano's (I think it is the one on Rush Street) had a pretty good crust with cornmeal added that at least made it crusty and not so doughy.

But my deep dish days have been so over since I was in my 20's.  

April 6, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

• It's a local favorite ... but I have to admit .. I can't eat it anymore.  I really prefer NY Pizza, truth be told.
      April 4, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

Grandma's always make the best!
      April 6, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

• You should try it out in Cali. It is nearly impossible to get a good sauce past  the Rockies.  You won't find a decent pizza either. 
      April 4, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

REALLY?  I thought Cali was noted for having excellent foods. I mean they have the wines, the tomatoes, the herbs.  HOW CAN THEY SCREW THAT UP?

And we have great imported cheeses available.  WTF??? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 4, 2019 12:38 PM MDT
      April 4, 2019 11:57 AM MDT

• Not Italian-American food they don't.

Y'all can keep your tomatoes and berries.  Y'all bring those bland berries and awful mealy  tomatoes and they suck. California is produces a lot of produce, but the produce sucks.
      April 4, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

WHAT A BUMMER.  I had NO idea. I thought it was a land of plenty as far as produce. I learned something and I did not want to learn this.  So frustrating.  The food industry SUCKS.  Food is being absolutely denatured, deflavored and denutrutionalized.  We are all gonna die of cancer.  
      April 4, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

• On many levels I agree.  We ha e lots of food, but it is low quality.  Tomatoes picked green and turned red with ethylene from bananas.  Bland berries picked early so.they shop across the country without turning to liquid. Mealy apples out of season.   Chicken that is bleach white and mushy from poor diets and crap.
    All while destroying the environment and soil needed to grow it.  Oh and how much wasted water so.people can have their damn almond milk?

Industrial s ale factory farming is a travesty.  Poor food that is all show, no quality, soil and water depletion, and the demise of localized family farming pea give a that supplied local economy and local nutrition needs.  But hey!  We get to throw half our meals away without care instead maybe wishing we had one more small bite for more mouth pleasure.  
      April 4, 2019 12:50 PM MDT

I need a plot of land and I do not have one.  I have to study microgreens and how to grow them inside the house.  I sprout (or am learning to) many seeds and eat the sprouts.  I eat Spirulina live from the Hippocrates Institute and make sure priobiotics are a daily staple.  That is how I survive these days.  I eat grocery store food (I have NO choice) but I try and at least incorporate healthy additives.

It would be so nice to even have a small yard.  I could do some damage with a great garden.
      April 4, 2019 2:07 PM MDT

• Micrgreens and sports couldn't be any simpler.  Really all.you need is a small closet, some.mason jars, and some.clear storage bins.  After that it is some soil and a light.
      April 4, 2019 2:46 PM MDT

Yeah.  It IS Simple. TRY IT.

It looks simple.  And it is, but when you are starting out?  IT is a project.  Even sprouting seeds is a HUGE project even though basically very simple.  Anything that takes watering and watching is a PROJECT.  
      April 6, 2019 9:16 AM MDT

Hi Sharonna
    While the evil pink bunny does have a point when it come to most produced foods, I have lived in California all my life and the locally grown produce is wonderful.
    There are times when certain fruits are not "in season" and will either be prematurely picked or imported, leaving them somewhat lacking..but all in all, we are pretty fortunate to have quality of food we do..you would love the produce at our local market here...
    The meat is also locally raised and delicious..it's amazing the difference between our local fare and what you get at Safeway...
      April 5, 2019 3:14 PM MDT

Tuscany.
      April 4, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

Yes ma'am.  And if and when that is no longer true?   Then food as the planet has known it to be will finally be forever erased.

Landscape of a vineyard in Tuscany Italy This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 6, 2019 10:09 AM MDT
      April 4, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

It's a little far away for me, but maybe one day?
      April 6, 2019 9:10 AM MDT

Your taste buds will thank you.  :)
      April 6, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

Naples. Italy. Period. 

April 4, 2019 4:05 PM MDT