Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Do you ever get frustrated.. that you can't physically do as much as you used to be able to do?

Do you ever get frustrated.. that you can't physically do as much as you used to be able to do?

I've achieved a fair bit today on the second day of my Easter break... but have found myself very frustrated that I have to stop and rest.. it's really irritating and I haven't managed to get quite as much done as I would have liked.. 

I wonder how others manage this? 

I do mean non-naughty wise although that's a good question for elsewhere :P

Posted - April 7, 2019

Responses

Ok.  First of all, if IF you had stopped and rested  and taken proper care of yourself before you got into this frazzled state,  you would not have worn YOURSELF OUT.  Your energy level has nothing to do with your age and everything to do with the fuel you are using.  Your food sucks, probably and what you are eating.

I have no feelings like that.   I am not boasting.  I am TRYING my best to have you see that your way of thinking is what is blocking your success with fatigue.  NOT the fact that you are growing old.

Sure, I cannot stay up for three days straight any more like I did (with the help of lots of coffee and stronger things)  when I was young.

I am 68.  I work seven days a week and I rest like there is no tomorrow.  I am in good enough shape.  I don't have my young body, but I really don't need a young body.  I need a healthy body.

You need to change your diet around and I promise you that you will feel ten years younger.

And it takes WORK.  NOT PHYSICAL WORK,  but just getting yourself ready to DO IT right.  You cannot believe the energy that happens with living food.  Enzymes.  LIVE FOOD. NOT COOKED.  Do a raw diet for two weeks and you won't need to rest as much.  You will sleep less and your mental faculties will be on POSITIVE.  

That is the payoff.  Good luck

This is lifesaving information

https://www.google.com/search?q=hippocrates+institute+diet&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS691US694&oq=hippocrates+institute+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.10017j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 7, 2019 12:31 PM MDT
      April 7, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

Well from what you say it sounds like it works! I haven't had time to rest lately, it's been full on for so long I can't remember what it was like before... I assumed that it's normal to be able to be less physically strong and in terms of endurance... perhaps that's most people's experience.. but from what you say not all.
      April 7, 2019 12:23 PM MDT

And that is exhaustnig.  I sent you a link to the Hippocrates Health Institute.  They have tapes to listen to and info to read any time you want.  I feel for you, Day dream, I have been there and I am still there anytime I forsake live food for cooked for too long. I start dragging butt.
      April 7, 2019 12:34 PM MDT

ok well happy to learn and see if it might help me - thank you :)
      April 7, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

I drink water with Apple Cider Vinegar thrown in that has the MOTHER in the bottle like Bragg Organic.  If you even incorporate something that simple, it may provide a pick me up.  I don't mean you need to take a college course.  But I got sick and HAD to listen to all this stuff and I got better almost immediately.  That is what I wish for you and everyone.
      April 7, 2019 12:45 PM MDT

Did you like that bowl of earthworms I got for you at the bait shop?
      April 7, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

Sounds interesting. I tried to do some gardening yesterday, but spent a lot of time sitting in a chair with a cat in my lap. When I was a teen, I could go all day. 
      April 7, 2019 4:45 PM MDT

Extremely...it is very depressing.
      April 7, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

Ah I thought it was just me.. I somehow thought I should be able to handle it more philosophically and gracefully. 
      April 7, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

I was actually thinking about it just a score of minutes before I came here. That's why I came here. Time to start drinking...something I can still do.
      April 7, 2019 12:44 PM MDT

I used to and then I realized that I had to power to change that. I love the way exercise and better food choices makes me feel. I only wish I had started sooner. The only hard part is deciding to start - after that the rewards keep you going.  BTW, I did the Whole 30 https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/ and highly recommend it. If you're eating the right things, you feel better, sleep better, and it gets easier to have the energy to work out or at least add more activity to your life. 
      April 7, 2019 1:02 PM MDT

My issue has never been the physical aspects of my abilities. It all seems to be the mental faculties that will be the death me.
      April 7, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

As was said in one of the Dirty Harry movies, " A man has got to know his limitations."
      April 7, 2019 2:01 PM MDT