Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you use drive-throughs at banks and fast food joints? I never do. They should only be for the handicapped.

Do you use drive-throughs at banks and fast food joints? I never do. They should only be for the handicapped.

My wife uses them and wonders why they get the order wrong sometimes. The last time I used a bank one was 1976. My deposit got stuck in the tube and wouldn't go in my account until Moonday. We lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't go grocery shopping.

Posted - April 7, 2019

Responses

• I don't like to use a drive thru at a fast food restaurant because I'd rather eat it there than take it home. Now that I'm retired, I walk into a bank to transact business. As police officers, we were told to never walk into a bank in uniform carrying a weapon. If something goes down, you're the first thing that's taken out. 
      April 7, 2019 2:51 PM MDT

Do you remember the incident where a guy tried to rob a bank that was filled with FBI agents? Hilarious.
      April 7, 2019 4:21 PM MDT

thing...person. Not a grammar correction. Cops aren't things.
      April 7, 2019 4:23 PM MDT

So many in England are real nasty things ,so I feel I must disagree....:( 
      April 7, 2019 5:47 PM MDT

I know a few cops...they are all good guys. Although back in the 1960's, my wife's father was a cop and was murdered by others as he was a snitch. Her brother was also a cop. And her nephew is. They are straight up.
      April 7, 2019 5:51 PM MDT

Not all are bad ,but think it's on the increase....so many think themselves as gods....:(
      April 7, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

May be. Those are the only ones we see on the news here. Our school copp rescued an elderly couple from a burning house across the street. A passing local news story.
      April 7, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

On the rare occasions when I eat fast food AND if the place has a drive-thru, I will use it.  The only other establishment in this area that even has a drive-thru is the pharmacy at the drugstore.  However, it only takes 2 hours for them to tell you that your prescription won't be ready until a week from next september, while in the drive-thru it takes them 5 hours.
      April 7, 2019 3:39 PM MDT

I rarely even go to the bank.  If I need cash I go through the drive-through ATM.  Deposits I either mail or put in the night deposit .   I don't eat fast food but every now and then I go through one to get a cup of coffee.  Actually, that is what I did before I moved to Florida.  Here I live in a smallish town so if I want coffee or need to pee I just run by my house.  I did go through a drive through for my sister because I was instructed to bring Taco Bell stuff to my nephew when I went over not long ago.  Man, it smelled good too. :)
      April 7, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

Always. 
      April 7, 2019 4:40 PM MDT

No.
    I seldom bank other than online, and (to paraphrase Joe Pesci) fast food joints “f—- you at the drive-thru”. 
      April 7, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

I get a check from a part time job and visit the bank regularly...inside. The tellers all know me and we all flirt. Much more fun than drive thru.
      April 7, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

Is being a natural Blonde considered being handicaped in America ?     :)   
      April 7, 2019 5:49 PM MDT

A petite blonde with other special attributes? No...but I will let you use my mirror handicapped tag if you want. I won't be able to walk if I am with you.
      April 7, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

I take you'll need a push then....:) 
      April 7, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

Or a pull...not too hard, though.
      April 7, 2019 6:16 PM MDT

I suppose I could squeeze you in somewhere.....,but I'm not an easy push over Enen when out on a trip....:)
      April 7, 2019 6:56 PM MDT

I hated drive through Banks when they first got buit here in England......it took me years to work out I had to stop to get my money....  :(
      April 7, 2019 8:03 PM MDT

We don't have drive through banks in Australia. If I'm hungry and no time or inclination to cook, I use the drive through for covenience's sake at KFC or Hungry Jack's. The restaurant part closes early, so I often have no choice.
      April 7, 2019 8:09 PM MDT