Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Exactly where is it written in the Terms of Service or any other listed rules that no one can post on Rosie's Corner except Rosie?

Exactly where is it written in the Terms of Service or any other listed rules that no one can post on Rosie's Corner except Rosie?

Posted - April 9, 2019

Responses

Randy D's Corner. 
      April 9, 2019 6:01 AM MDT

My corner is going to be banishment as soon as the mods get wind of this .
      April 9, 2019 6:04 AM MDT

We love you Randy.  You will always have a corner in our hearts. 
      April 9, 2019 6:07 AM MDT

Thank you.  I'll see you when I get back from being banned.  Freedom of speech only works one way around here.
      April 9, 2019 6:14 AM MDT

I become discouraged too.  Seems a waste as well as disrespectful to use that freedom to vilify, belittle, attack, condemn, and excoriate. 
      April 9, 2019 6:31 AM MDT

Do you see how the mods just moved my post to a different category AND "edited" it for content?  Mustn't let anyone offend the delicate sensibilities of the offensive ones, I guess. 

April 9, 2019 6:39 AM MDT

Yes?  Really?  Too bad hatred is given as much play as it is on here.  No way am I able to compete with that. Occasionally I do try to muster a little vitriol but about the best I can do is a little weak sarcasm.  I guess you have to have the talent. Or the background. Or the intolerance. 
      April 9, 2019 7:04 AM MDT

Perhaps, if you feel that strongly, you should refrain from going to Rosie's Corner.  After all, you have to make that choice - it isn't a default.
      April 9, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

She’d love that, wouldn't she? One less person to catch her in her own tangled web.  Just as she has the freedom to challenge that which she believes is wrong, so do I.  Naw, this is a 100% open and public forum, so anyone’s wish that I stop going there is squashed before it can even be conceived. 

:|

April 11, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

Clearly, her posts bother you more than yours bother her so instead of making yourself miserable, you have the option to stay away from her corner.  I'm not saying you should stay away, merely that you have the choice to do so.  I know that if someone irritated me as much as she seems to irritate you, I would not seek that person out - I would stay as far away from them as possible.  Don't turn the argument around to say that I'm telling you to stay away because I'm not.
      April 11, 2019 11:00 PM MDT

I’m not miserable, quite the opposite, I take just as much joy in locking horns as she does in her soap-boxing or that you do when you post something. Obviously, you’re bothered or irritated or frustrated or perturbed or something by what I write here, yet you aren’t avoiding it the way you ask me to do.

You’re right: I have the option of not coming here, but don’t forget that I also have the option to come here. Maybe you should follow Rosie’s lying declaration that she ignores everything I post: take your own advice and ignore everything I write in Rosie’s Corner or about Rosie’s Corner.  I come to the corner by choice, I actively seek out the corner from time to time, and I’ll do do so whenever I like. 

Lastly, I have to turn the argument around. The same premise you use to express yourself about my presence here applies to you too. 

This post was edited by Randy D at April 12, 2019 8:20 PM MDT
      April 11, 2019 11:32 PM MDT

"I’ll do do whenever I like."

Hahaha! You said "do do". 
      April 12, 2019 8:57 AM MDT

~
      April 12, 2019 8:25 PM MDT

Really I don't go there.  It comes to me!  But I like to think of myself as a realist so I do know people like that exist.  And I know from our almost ten years interaction that she doesn't have to be like that but now she chooses to be.  I know what the world is like and its a shame.  Thank God I don't have to deal with anyone like that in real life.  But on occasion I feel called upon to throw in a little reason or practical wisdom or just a little something to restore a little more balance.  And sanity. 
      April 11, 2019 8:11 PM MDT

Simply because you see her posts in your feed or wherever you see them doesn't mean you have to respond or interact with her.  The same way you accuse her of trying to convince everyone to think her way, you're trying to convince her to act the way you would act.  She is mature enough to decide what she wants her life to look like and just because you don't live your life the same way doesn't mean that she should change to be more in line with what you think is a good life.  
      April 11, 2019 10:57 PM MDT

I’ve never stated that Rosie should conform to my way of thinking or that she should act a certain way. What I’ve accused her of is chastising people for thinking differently than she does, voting differently than she does, etc. People who are not Rosie are mature enough to decide what they want in their lives, but that’s not good enough for Rosie. She has attacked people based on their choices, race, ethnicity, physiques, clothing, gender, politics, lifestyles, customs, thoughts, words, and deeds. If she can dish it out, she should be able to take it. 

As far as her alleged maturity goes, the daily childishness of name-calling, bullying, making fun of and basic nastiness are not indicators of maturity. 
      April 11, 2019 11:43 PM MDT

Who knows what we will be posting when we get to be her age.  If we are still even around!   But Randy if you ever catch me posting that kind of stuff I am now giving you the authority to have me banned from any site anywhere. 
      April 12, 2019 4:50 AM MDT

And you are attacking her based on her choices and opinions.  Pot, meet kettle.
      April 12, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

“Attack”?That’s cute. If I disagree with her, it’s an attack, right?  I’m required to agree with her in order to have self-worth.  My opinions cannot differ from hers unless I’m a bigot.  I have to maintain the same level of hatred for Trump that she gleefully admits to, or I’m scum.
      April 12, 2019 8:33 AM MDT

“Attack”?That’s cute. If I disagree with her, it’s an attack, right?  I’m required to agree with her in order to have self-worth.  My opinions cannot differ from hers unless I’m a bigot.  I have to maintain the same level of hatred for Trump that she gleefully admits to, or I’m scum.
      April 12, 2019 8:33 AM MDT

No, Randy, that is not what I'm saying.  My point has apparently continued to go over your head.  You are entitled to your opinions the same as she is entitled to hers.  That you don't agree with each other is not the point.  The point is that, in her own corner, she expresses her opinions and you CHOOSE to visit her corner for the simple joy of disagreeing with her.  No argument you can advance is going to change her opinion of Trump.  And, as with OfficeGirl, I am not going to continue this discussion as it is going nowhere.
      April 12, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

Finally!
      April 12, 2019 8:16 PM MDT

I don't know as she tries to convince everyone to think her way - I would say she more just expects and assumes that people will.  Nor do I think we live our lives in markedly different ways.  I think the difference is more in the way we choose to express ourselves.  Do we accuse, attack, condemn, sentence, bully, excoriate, threaten, name-call, belittle, deride, view as "evil" and "depraved" and "inhuman" anyone who does not agree with us or everything we do not agree with?   Or do we demonstrate our civility and respect for one another as fellow human beings?  Which is best and most advantageous for successful social interaction and working together for maximum effectiveness?  I do not expect everyone to agree with me.  I may wonder why they do not, but after all they are not me!  Furthermore I see them as entitled to live their lives their way and to seek their happiness which may not be the way I have chosen to live and seek.   I simply question whether the best use of a social site such as this one is to spread hatred and poison. 
      April 12, 2019 5:30 AM MDT

It's time to give up - Rosie is the way she is and, at this point, neither of you is going to change so the same way you criticize her for the opinions she holds or the behavior she follows, you're doing the same thing by expecting her to comport herself more in line with what YOU think is the better way.  And this is where I bow out of this discussion because it has come full circle and nothing has, or will, change.
      April 12, 2019 8:32 AM MDT