Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Suppose 'a good' happens for you so you think 'wow! thats a miracle' then in same week 'a bad' happens, does that cancel out the miracle?

Suppose 'a good' happens for you so you think 'wow! thats a miracle' then in same week 'a bad' happens, does that cancel out the miracle?

Do you give thanks to the Powers-That-Be for the miracle then when 'the bad' happens do you say "what the #@%××~~?"

Posted - April 9, 2019

Responses

• Nothing cancels out a genuine miracle, whether it precedes or follows a setback. Not all "good" things qualify as miracles, but those events that do, are a joy forever. 
      April 9, 2019 9:24 PM MDT

Right ok.. i was thinking more in terms of a bit of good luck/bad luck more so than genuine miracle sort of things.
    Funny thing happened one time -I picked up a bunch of scrap copper,  the scrap dealer gave me a check for $175. then when I went to cash the check I did just about the same amount damage to my van accidentally in the parking lot. 
      April 9, 2019 9:47 PM MDT

That's not bad.  I like that.  Good one.  (for a change) 
      April 9, 2019 10:46 PM MDT

I don't believe in "luck".  When good happens to me I always thank God.  When bad happens, I ask God for the strength to deal with it.
      April 9, 2019 9:52 PM MDT

I told you GOD is talking to you.  Here is what He told me to tell you.  He said.  Happiness is just a joy between two sorrows.  

GOD.
      April 9, 2019 10:24 PM MDT

I can't just say 'I believe in God' without feeling totally convinced.  I think something like there is a force within my subconscious that has a lot of  effect on what happens in my life.
      April 9, 2019 10:42 PM MDT

Stop the thoughts.  It takes practice.  Spend the time.  You don't need me to see anything.  IT's there.  
      April 9, 2019 10:45 PM MDT

I don't believe in miracles.  I want to believe in them.  I want to believe in God. But it doesn't make it true. To me good things happen and bad things happen.  May the force be with you!
      April 10, 2019 8:33 PM MDT