Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is the government for us or against us?

Is the government for us or against us?

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on these subjects...

I.e. population control? Toxic chemicals in our foods and products, some of which are banned in other countries. Starting war just to kill off population?

Media distractions, starting racial war in order to put martial law into effect? Rothschild family? Money is ment for slavery?

Government killing people if they believe they are likely to become radical? Government set up 9/11? Possibility of china taking over?

Im just curious on what people believe and if there is more info on these subjects. Its very interesting to me. I know this is a lot of subjects but you can answer whichever ones you like.

Posted - August 30, 2016

Responses

"The government" is really just a bunch of people just like anyone else. Are some of them crooks? Definitely. Have some of them either through incompetence or indifference or even malevolence put people in danger or even caused their deaths? Most probably. We should do our best to stay informed and hold our elected officials accountable.

On the other hand, is there a vast secret conspiracy to subjugate, enslave, or kill off large chunks of the population? I very much doubt it. I promise that if you look, you will find many, many websites devoted to exposing the "truth", but I doubt you will find much in the way of real evidence. Please be careful, because once you fall into these conspiracy holes, it can be very difficult to get back out.

August 30, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

The only proper purpose of a government is to prevent any other group from taking control. The duty of a citizen is to control his government. That is why governments always eventually treat their citizens as enemies of the state.

August 30, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

There is no population control. If the government is attempting it, they are failing hard. Every one of their policies appears to aim for greater population not less.

What people choose to eat is much worse than what they can eat.  For a few dollars for each family a good healthy meal can be prepared.  Watch how immigrant families eat,with fresh and cheap produce turned into a good meal. If people choose to eat worse and pay more and get horribly obese that is not because of some toxic chemical.  People eat the toxic chemical and live to 90 and other people die of heart disease or diabetes complications at 50 or 60. The toxic chemicals are like slapping a man who has been shot in the head and blaming the slap for his death.

There is no race war. There are few people killed in a country of hundreds of millions. Most killed by their own race. The other is reported simply because it gives ratings.

China, India, other countries will take over simply because manufacturing has gone there. Where the machines go, the skills go, the experience goes, and soon the design will go. There are so many people willing to do or learn anything.

August 30, 2016 2:45 PM MDT

the government is made by people that are looking in their own interest first. They run the country like a society. They make laws to their own interest but not the people.

August 30, 2016 2:49 PM MDT

Hello Caryn:

Those are all conspiracy theories, none of which I subscribe too.. 

excon

August 30, 2016 3:17 PM MDT

Human systems of government are engines of evil.  Their sole purpose is to limit or eliminate human freedom--i.e., to enslave. Governments govern.  That's what they do. Anyone who places stock in government, no matter how noble they think their master might be, is on a fool's errand.

August 30, 2016 3:33 PM MDT

• The US government is controlled by corporations, the military industrial complex, Wall-street, Pharma, The healcare industry,  Insurance, and other special interest groups who conspire to propegate the myth of how successful capitalism is.

Wars are started to pump up profits at the expense of the lives of our service men and the civilian population. Pharma jacks prices 500 to 1000% at the expense of human lives so CEO's can enjoy $20-30 million dollar salaries and bonuses. Eating healthy costs money so people who get lower incomes need to live on crap food that makes them unhealthy and fat. Healthcare put's an intrinsic value on human lives based on their ability to pay.  Crisises are manufactured and a little dance begins with all parties participating, but in the end..they all benefit at the expense of the population regardless of how that dance ends. 

Cash is being replaced with Debit/Credit cards so all our purchases can be tracked.  We're all reliant on our phones which have GPS capability so every movement and location is tracked.  Cable and Satalite broadcasting has  200+ channels to keep us entertained and spoon feed us propaganda.  We have the internet and gaming to keep us preoccupied, too. The NSA and whatever else agency exists are spying on all of our communications; written and verbal. We're all happily distracted by the toys and tools given to us which leave us happily ignorant and compliant.  

Even after we are dead, they still make money on our bones by charging astronomical costs to dispose of our corpse and our loved ones are emotionally blackmailed. If they  don't pay, our final resting place ends up being used in a litterbox for someones cat .  

Ultimately the population has no say in how the government operates.

NO...the Government does not have our best interests  We are nothing but tools for the wealthy to enrich their lives.

But I digress...

August 30, 2016 4:48 PM MDT
  • Bez

Against us.

August 30, 2016 4:55 PM MDT

Too many things to respond to...I will only say what Ben Franklin did: The people should not be afraid of the government...the government should be afraid of the people.

August 30, 2016 5:00 PM MDT

• Both. Mainly Government is against us. I happen to think the government functions very much like a corporation in this aspect and at the end of the day the corporation will save itself before anyone else but Gov't is supposed to exist for the people. We are all slaves regardless of what we do.

August 30, 2016 5:02 PM MDT

I've always thought that if all your physical and psychological needs are met and you can't find happiness, there is something wrong with you.  Evidently, this is not the way most people think.  They never have enough.  Look and Angelo Mozilo, CEO of Countrywide.  He had several lear jets.  Really? Why?  These people also run the government which I used to work for.  If they can pass a law, selectively enforce one, fail to enforce one etc. for personal gain and get away with it, they will.  I don't think it's out of malevolence, I'd say it's just out of personal greed and lust for power regardless of the consequences for other people or the country as a whole, you and me included.  I could give you a couple of specific examples but I don't feel like writing that much right now - maybe later. Cheers.

August 30, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

• Governments are about themselves and their view on how things should be ... After that view has been put through the filter of political expediency and repaying all the debts they collected along the way to get where they are .. not saying there are not altruistic people in amongst them but I do believe they are far outnumbered

August 30, 2016 5:36 PM MDT

Any government represents its people, or at least enough to enforce policies on the rest. If it were not so, the people would refuse to support the regime. If the officials seem corrupt, it's because they correctly represent a corrupt electorate. You don't have to throw it down, just stop holding it up.

August 31, 2016 7:45 AM MDT

They are purely and utterly for themselves, period end of story, the end....

August 31, 2016 8:04 PM MDT

World governments serve a purpose. They maintain law and order. They are not perfect, they will one day be replaced by the only government that will bring true peaceful conditions to earth. (Daniel 2:44)

September 20, 2016 5:42 PM MDT