Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » USEFUL INFORMATIVE replies are my most favorite of favorites SMART ALECK replies? Why are some always helpful and some not so much?

USEFUL INFORMATIVE replies are my most favorite of favorites SMART ALECK replies? Why are some always helpful and some not so much?

Smart Alecks give replies that are never useful helpful or informative. They just show off how very clever they are. Not impressed by smart alecks. Why do folks think being a smart aleck is so cool?

Posted - April 21, 2019

Responses

I am a useful, informative smart alec.  The end justifies my means.

Alec Baldwin teases presidential run on Twitter: 'Beating Trump would be so easy'

//
    Captions will look like this
    Scroll back up to restore default view.

Is Alec Baldwin hoping to go from playing President Trump on Saturday Night Live to actually sitting the Oval Office? The 61-year-old actor flirted with a possible presidential run on Twitter, although it’s unclear if he’s actually serious.

“If I ran for President, would you vote for me?” he asked his 1.1 million followers. “And I promise I will win. Beating Trump would be so easy.”

Alec Baldwin and President Trump. (Photo: Getty Photos)
    More

Baldwin quipped that these tweets will save him “millions in polling.”

Reaction to his messages were mixed. “Join the clown show and run,” encouraged one person.

“Only if your VP was Pete Buttigieg or Kamala Harris and you resigned first week in,” tweeted another user.

“I think you’re great, and I love your work, but the experiment is over … let’s get some experienced pros in there so that we can begin the long, hard job of unf***ing this country,” one person commented.

Another added, “Wow that’s actually brilliant.”

Of course, MAGA Twitter came out in full force taunting the actor.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 22, 2019 2:32 AM MDT
      April 21, 2019 12:21 PM MDT

I don't see you that way Sharon. You are not a smart aleck to me. Now occasionally we run on different tracks. So what? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 22, 2019 2:33 AM MDT

I'm relieved. I swear I never want you to be offended by my words.  That is not my heart.  And I don't like hurting you or people that try to hurt you.  We Scorpios are like that.  LOL  We like to protect what we care about.  
      April 22, 2019 2:39 AM MDT

Exactly! We go through our ups and downs because we are INTENSE. But bottom line you and I both know that we will ALWAYS BE THERE for each other. That goes without saying. I mean look how long we've been friends? So just as I told Nice Jugs my friends and pals are NEVER part of my generalizations. I trust all of you. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      April 22, 2019 2:42 AM MDT

It is an honor to be your friend, Ms. Rosie.  I mean that.
      April 22, 2019 2:45 AM MDT

I am guilty of being a bit of a smart alec too.. but I usually try to be an informative one :)
      April 21, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

(she is not going to be amused by this) You are not a smark alec though.  That is your saving grace.  I am not certain if this means "snark" or a new word that I am not privy to. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 2:35 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

To whom m'dear? Never once to me. In all our chats never once did I experience any smark aleck in you. You are intelligent and ALWAYS answer the question I ask in a clear articulate way. Nothing smart alecky about that. I appreciate and value your observations a great deal. Thank you for your reply Addb. This post was edited by RosieG at April 22, 2019 2:44 AM MDT
      April 22, 2019 2:35 AM MDT

OH dear....I've shot myself in the foot again haven't I .....:( 

May be I should change my name to Alexandra :(
      April 21, 2019 1:29 PM MDT

Maybe you are the exception to the rule :)
      April 21, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

My parents always said I was a special needs baby......and I broke all rules I was given....so could never really measure up to anyone in my family......:) 
      April 21, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

Well, they must be smart indeed if someone like you needs to measure UP  (that was a compliment, in case you ask that)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 1:47 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 1:45 PM MDT

All the females in my family are titch's and the men are huge.....:) 

Thank you....:) 
      April 21, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

Horrid shoes I wouldn't be seen dead wearing....:( 
      April 21, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

I hope you removed your Alexander MeQueen's speaking of Alex's.  Let me show us a nice pair.  If you have shot yourself in the foot, but still have a foot, the shoes you own are ruined and bloody.  So, once the foot is on the mend, you can do these....

Vintage dead but homosexual Nazi Sympathizer, RIP, Alex....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 1:46 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

They look horrid Sharon and something I'd never wear...:( 
      April 21, 2019 1:45 PM MDT

I hope you never do. I agree. Beyond GAUDY and do nothing for any woman.  But this was designed by a demented person who took the wrong drugs and made lots of money for rock stars.

Your tastes are in tact.  TOTALLY.  I think even Ga Ga would gag. No actually she wore his stuff. But she was trying to shock and awe.

This is my pick as a safe bet of something you would wear.  Oh GODDD.  I am having copy/paste issues.  Sorry.  I will try again.  So annoying....I cannot get it.  I give up.

Here is a pic of something I like, but I doubt if you would wear these.  But they are a lot better on the eyeballs than Alexander MeQueen's.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 1:57 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

Gaga is an an amazing singer.....I'm completly blown away when she sings Shalow...I love the way she dances and prances about like a fool....My dad says I do the same lol

April 21, 2019 1:56 PM MDT

Lady Nice Jugs. I can see it.  But, look at my shoes above.  Sorry I couldn't post my choice of yours.  It wouldn't print.  But they were very classic and strapped and black and heels.  
      April 21, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

That's more the sort of shoes I would wear...I think I have a pair quite like them..
      April 21, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

They are really gorgeous.  
      April 21, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

C'mon D! Do you really think I would consider a smart aleck to be one of the best friends I've had on an internet social site? Seriously? Sometimes you come up with clever repartee which is fine with me. BUT what  I most value is the knowledge you have about so many things I know nothing about and your willingness to educate me. I'm here to learn not be insulted or attacked. You are one of my teachers D even though you are much younger. Age has zero to do with knowledge intelligence kindness. You are all of those in my eyes. When I make generalized statements my friends pals are never part of them. You are all unique to me. Thank you for your reply. I TRUST MY FRIENDS and PALS. :)
      April 22, 2019 2:40 AM MDT

I know Rosie.....but I just can't help gently ribbing my friends and their is never any offence intended.....lol

I have this compelling thing to say what ever humourous thing that jumps into my head the very second I think of it....:(

Im absolutely astounded and how quick all of my little nieces pick up knowledge from adults without being shown.....at one year old or less they all just know how to use touch screen phones and touch screen tablets.....tv and sky controls as we'll.......no one has shown them  ,yet they are all better then my parents lol..

Like all us kids were encouraged to watch on tv was sir Richard Attenbourough and any science or historical educationial programes.....
    It might have been boring at first  but when you are the smallest person in a room  full of adults ,correcting them when they remembered things wrong was an amazing feeling and being praised for doing it politely was kind of like a very addicted drug......lol

Did you know that minerial dust from the Sahara Desert feeds the Amozon rain forest....millions ot tons of dust are carried there each and every year.......
    It was only  discovered quite recently from observation made from the space station orbiting the earth....

There is a blue bloom off the east cost of South America that feeds on some kind of millions of minute dead encrustation.....that in turn provides the nutrients that feed to whole Eco system of sea life.... 
      April 22, 2019 4:06 AM MDT

• Show me an informative question and I'll give you an informative answer. A lot of bigoted hooey doesn't count. Sorry
      April 21, 2019 2:30 PM MDT