Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » USEFUL INFORMATIVE replies are my most favorite of favorites SMART ALECK replies? Why are some always helpful and some not so much?

USEFUL INFORMATIVE replies are my most favorite of favorites SMART ALECK replies? Why are some always helpful and some not so much?

Smart Alecks give replies that are never useful helpful or informative. They just show off how very clever they are. Not impressed by smart alecks. Why do folks think being a smart aleck is so cool?

Posted - April 21, 2019

Responses

I would like to know what makes you tick?  Is that informative enough for you?  
      April 21, 2019 2:36 PM MDT

April 21, 2019 3:53 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my gosh Sharon I'm giggling like crazy. This big picture of black is hilarious! Sheesh! Where do you get this "stuff"?
      April 22, 2019 2:47 AM MDT

Maybe they're just joking around. 

April 21, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

Well, you would know.  LOL 
      April 21, 2019 2:38 PM MDT

Some ppl are both, by degrees. Depends on my mood - sometimes I just can't help myself.

April 22, 2019 3:12 AM MDT

I only despise hate Dondonjohn R. I don't hate smarta**es. But my default position is SERIOUS. I am not here to be attacked or insulted. I am here to learn about things I don't know. To the degree that I experience that I am very happy. Because my questions are often very serious I am insulted or hurt when people would rather be a smart aleck at my expense then actually read the question I ask and answer it as best they can. That's just who I am and how I roll. I am not a comedian's foil. I don't ask questions for you or anyone to make fun of or go off on. So as said in my question what I value most are helpful replies. What I value least are those that aren't. I only have control of the questions I ask. I have no control over any responses. But it seems to me that if you respect someone and know there are things they dislike you just don't do them. I'm gonna ask. Suit yourself. Thank you for your reply and the graphic. Ever so thoughtful of ya! :)
      April 22, 2019 4:46 AM MDT

Some information we choose to accept, some we will choose to reject.  Not all information is necessarily what we wish to hear or receive.   So we make our choices.  But when we go so far as to warmly welcome those who tell us what we want to hear as friends and deem them as being "respectful" while we dismiss and excoriate those who tell us what we don't wish to hear as "evil" and "smart alecks" and much worse we are not only being disrespectful and uncivil but through such bullying we are seeking to curtail their right not only to express themselves but, by extension,  to make their own choices. 
      April 22, 2019 5:21 AM MDT

• Smart are like seasoning, without whom this site can become quite bland and insipid. 
      April 27, 2019 6:24 PM MDT