Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What is love: Is it an illusion, or a delusion?

What is love: Is it an illusion, or a delusion?

Posted - April 25, 2019

Responses

I believe it's a delusion.

:(

April 25, 2019 10:27 PM MDT

• Sadly, I tend to agree. 
      April 25, 2019 10:31 PM MDT

Love is the essence of life
    the essence of being
    the Soul of the universe
    the essence of your consciousness
    Love is what is
    when everything else has gone.
    Omnipresent, never born, never dies
    the essence of creation
    the essence of all that is
    and will ever be.
      April 26, 2019 12:02 AM MDT

It depends on the level of love you are expressing.  If you are speaking of romance, it seldom lasts too long.  But if you are speaking of love that humans feel for family and friends and spouses, that love can last past this lifetime.  Love is strong and enduring when it is purely love and not some illusion or delusion.  
      April 26, 2019 12:43 AM MDT

An addiction if first you feel loved by your parents and siblings....better still if you feel it by your partner two.     :).   
      April 26, 2019 2:18 AM MDT

• Parental love, in plenty even today.
    No siblings, but a cousin whom I'm close to.
    Partners? Sheesh!!! Not one stood by me in my time of crisis.
      April 26, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

I'm so sorry to read the last one....
    I feel extreamly lucky really...
    Who I live with is the most caring person ever....there is no lovey lovey mushy stuff...people's actions speak far more than any words can convey....
    Its a fight in my whole family including my partner as to who is going to help who....
    Its never a competition.....and everyone reciprocates in what ever way they can....
    We are all avid believers in Pass it On....even to strangers in their hour of need.....lol
      April 27, 2019 2:54 AM MDT

• Wish more people were like you and your family and partner. 
      April 27, 2019 3:04 AM MDT

My brothers and sisters partners families are quite like that to.....we are all a bit rough around the edges , but it's hard to take offence with any of them.....There is always a lot of ribbing going on about almost anyone's mistakes or the silly things that happen almost daily......lol
      April 27, 2019 5:38 AM MDT

• Love is very real .. when it's with the right person for the right reason.  Unfortunately, people sometimes think they're in love when they're really not.  That's when love is a delusion.

April 26, 2019 4:03 AM MDT

• Which is what I now realise. Sadly, a little late in life. 
      April 26, 2019 3:50 PM MDT

It's never ever to late to change Nellie......tomorrow is always just another new start day away if you think of it that way.   ...:) 
      April 27, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

• In my part of the world, an unmarried 47 year old woman is past it. And if she's been with men she's "tainted"; but that doesn't bother me. I love my independence too much to give it up for anything. 
      April 27, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

• I'm more angry with myself for letting myself be deluded by what I thought was real, true love. 
      April 27, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

No one has the right to impose their  archaic stupid rules on you.....no man is better then any women and vice versa....
    They all seem to forget....without females there would be no human life on earth......

My dad is huge compared to my mother.....My mother is the matriarch of our family ,she is the wise one  with the calming effects on my dad..... 
    Both I think know their place in this life....without either ,human life would not exist.....

47 is not old......move somewhere where you are free in thought and deed and don't bring your old ways with you...  
      April 27, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

Love is real. It is an emotion and a choice. Caring more for the other person than yourself. (But do not allow for abuse of course) 

It is often confused with lust. It is both an illusion and a delusion when lust is mistaken for love. Lust always fades away. 
      April 26, 2019 5:53 AM MDT

• Which is what I now realise. Sadly, a little late in life. 
      April 26, 2019 3:48 PM MDT

Well, you know now. So you will be ready when the right one does come around.
      April 26, 2019 4:50 PM MDT

• At 47, I can only hope.
      April 26, 2019 6:17 PM MDT

Lust is one way we have of reaching out for love but if it does not lead to anything deeper and more responsible it remains only very elementary love. 
      April 26, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

After 30 years of marriage, 5 kids,  and soon, 3 grandkids, love in all its forms is as real, and vital, as air.

So unfortunate some of you have never or may never experience what is truly best about this life. Calling it a delusion isn’t helping your cause. 
      April 26, 2019 6:35 AM MDT

• Well, it is subjective.
      April 26, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

It is. There are many ways and many things to love. 
    I love my family. I love fishing. I love a medium steak. 
    Given all of the possibilities, how can we be left as only the two choices being illusion or delusion...
      April 26, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 26, 2019 7:30 PM MDT
      April 26, 2019 7:29 PM MDT