Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » WOW Robert Mueller is SAYING that BARR is LYING. AMAZING. Barr has been REBUKED by MUELLER. HOORAY!!!!!

WOW Robert Mueller is SAYING that BARR is LYING. AMAZING. Barr has been REBUKED by MUELLER. HOORAY!!!!!

Mueller complained to Barr about his summary of Russia probe: Washington Post

4 Min Read

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller complained in a letter to Attorney General William Barr that his four-page summary of Mueller’s Russia report “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of the investigation’s conclusions, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.

FILE PHOTO: Robert Mueller, as FBI director, testifies before the House Judiciary Committee hearing on Federal Bureau of Investigation oversight on Capitol Hill in Washington June 13, 2013. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas/File Photo

The Post said it reviewed a copy of Mueller’s letter, which was written in late March after Barr released a summary on March 24 that said Mueller did not establish that members of President Donald Trump’s campaign conspired with Russia during the 2016 election.

Barr also said in the summary that Mueller had not reached a conclusion on whether Trump obstructed justice. Barr said he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had found the evidence insufficient to support such a charge.

Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec, in a statement, confirmed that Mueller wrote to Barr after the summary was released to express frustration over “the lack of context and the resulting media coverage,” particularly about Mueller’s conclusions on obstruction of justice.

Democrats have accused Barr of trying to spin the report’s conclusions to protect Trump.

In a statement in response to the Post report, House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said Barr “should not have taken it upon himself to describe the Special Counsel’s findings in a light more favorable to the President.” The Democratic lawmaker demanded the Justice Department release a copy of Mueller’s letter by Wednesday morning.

Barr’s four-page summary was released more than three weeks before a redacted version of Mueller’s 448-page report was released to the public on April 18.

Advertisement

Posted - April 30, 2019

Responses

Barr sought to absolve the president of any wrong doing. Guess he thought nobody would notice. This post was edited by Kittigate at May 1, 2019 8:50 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 12:09 AM MDT

Barr is an even bigger piece of work than Trump.  And THAT is saying a lot.  Can you imagine being this STUPID?  Why?  What did he think was going to happen?  Did he seriously THINK MUELLER WAS GOING TO LET THIS GO?  He spent 2 years writing 450 plus pages about Trump and he is just going to say OH WELL... because this hand picked clown decides to deny the contents?  

Barr is FREAKING STUPIDER THAN TRUMP IF THAT IS POSSIBLE.  

May 1, 2019 12:22 AM MDT

You will see.. things are going to get complicated.

Barr has a lot of support that he did 'the right thing'. -"he acted in an examplary manner" This post was edited by Kittigate at May 1, 2019 6:59 AM MDT
      May 1, 2019 1:32 AM MDT

Things are going to GET complicated?  What are they NOW?  This is as close to a Constitutional Crises as we can get.  

Of COURSE it is going to be the dirties battle ever.  He is GOING DOWN.  PLEASE GOD.  MAKE IT TRUE.
      May 13, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

The "heavily redacted" copy of the Mueller report released to Congress has so much black in it that Trump has demanded its birth certificate.
      May 1, 2019 6:00 AM MDT

It is lightly detected. 10% is very light for a public doct redaction. 
      May 1, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

ten PERCENT?  The whole thing is BLACK.  Where did Sara Huckabee get that figure? 
      May 13, 2019 1:14 PM MDT

Vox says 7%.....they are certainly not Sarah Huckabee fans. 

May 13, 2019 3:34 PM MDT

I can add to that.  It has so much black in it that what is left is almost enough to hold Trump's attention.  But, not really, since he, apparently, has not read one word.  
      May 13, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

• They are all saying games.  All of them are making it a  chitshow.   If someone has something then do it it it out....  All this cryptic crap is BS.      If it was the ring conclusion,  then say it was wrong the nex day and show what is wrong.   Someone needs to.grow  a pair and step up instead of pussyfooting.
      May 1, 2019 6:30 AM MDT

There is nothing. If there was they would be all over the place....every new network.

Mueller said no collusion and he could not make a case on obstruction. Even the proven biased FBI agent Struck?? with all the texts to FBI agent gf (Page) also said: "there is no there there". 
      May 1, 2019 3:43 PM MDT

• We need to see the report.  Should have from day one.  This chitshow both are playing needs to end.
      May 1, 2019 4:08 PM MDT

• I know they both agree there was no collusion with trump and Russia.  I honestly never thought there was and never understood the focus on it when there are so many other things to.  However Mueller keeps.claiming there were other problematic findings that were spin doctored or ignored.....Grow a pair and speak up or shut up.  I bet there is but either man up or quit pussyfooting if there is something important .
      May 1, 2019 4:12 PM MDT

There maybe circumstantial evidence. But that is not enough to make a charge. Why did he fire Comney? Russia or Recommendation by DOJ.
    (I personally think Obama should have fired him in the Summer 2016 for interfering in an election) 
    And in the US it is innocent until proven guilty. So not enough proof means innocent. I agree Mueller spend Millions of our tax money on this, he should have made the call. 
    Part of the reason for his letter was that the media was questioning him about not making the call. So he wanted to release pieces to the media to "explain" why he did not make the call. The whole thing is out and it still does not explain why he did not do his job and make the call.

The report is out. Anyone can read it. It was not ready day one. Mueller did not mark the things that were legally required to be redacted went he submitted it as AG Barr requested. This post was edited by my2cents at May 1, 2019 6:33 PM MDT
      May 1, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

• NO REDACTIONS.  NO EXCUSES.

I been glossing it over the last few days,  the idea there isn't anything in their hay Barr mislead about is false.  My point is Mueller should make some positive claims if he has something to say.  He is true g to have his cake and eat it too.  He is scared of losing his job, but grow a pair and make a choice.
      May 1, 2019 8:16 PM MDT

Legally there are things that must be redacted.

May 2, 2019 5:11 AM MDT

There are "things" that should.  Barr cannot be trusted.  He is redacting what TRUMP wants, not what needs to be redacted.  I am not going to argue this.  The doc is redacted, the Report is not being fairly distributed, and CONGRESS needs to see what they WANT to see.  No excuses.  LET THEM HAVE THE DAM REPORT.  
      May 15, 2019 9:40 AM MDT

Barr did not make the redactions. Mueller and Mueller's team did. 
      May 15, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

That is true.  Mueller made the redactions.  To be sent to the proper courts.  Now.  We need more than Barr's letter.  We need more than Barr, Trump's lackey, to describe what is in the report.  We need to SEE it. 

Keep the redactions that MUELLER made, for the other courts.  I'm good with that.  THE PLACEHOLDER was Barr's bottom line conclusion of what the REPORT said.  NOT the redactions.  Barr stated himself that he was using this 4-page letter as a "placeholder" until the Report came out for the public.   I misspoke if I was using that word redaction,  Sorry.  

Here is the skinny.  Barr is backpeddling on Mueller's Report.  He is re-defining what it meant, and he is backpeddling what he said in the first place and saying he did not say this.

BARR LIED TO CONGRESS.  He lied and said he did not know of a letter Mueller sent to him.  It was very clear that Mueller did NOT approve of Barr's definition of what the Report said.  

BARR LIED.  He lied to Congress.  He needs to be impeached for that.  HE KNEW about the letter and deliberately lied about it.  Can it be proven?  It was already proven.

May 15, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

You honestly don't think there was, based on what?  

I honestly think THERE WAS.  And I have a lot to base it on.  
      May 15, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

• There is just so little a risk evidence of collusion.   Did Russia use a propaganda campaign to meddle?  Absolutely,  there is no doubt.

So I put it above Trump ?  Nope

However,  Russia intelligence and Putin aren't that dumb.   They play a better game of chess than that.  They had no reason and no need disengage in collusion for their chaos seeding.   The Russians aren't   bush league amateurs .    That's why I never thought collusion was anything worth perusing.  It has been a shakey and ill founded attempt from the beginning.   Meanwhile all kinds of other BS has been going ignored.  So much to go on and you and others want to focus on this one thing that has little evidence.  

Personally I think y'all going for this   Hail.Mary play on Russian collusion played right into  The administrations hands,  all that time, money, and focus on a weak case that could ha e gone to numerous other things to bust him on.
      May 15, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

What are you even talking about?  IF that then do this.  Like who WOULD NOT if that were even possible.  This is not some game.  This is a long, drawn out LEGAL process that can take TIME when done right.  We need to do it RIGHT.  There is so much thrown around concerning potential charges concerning his investigation, Mueller is just getting started. He is going to testify.  You think he should just call up NBC and start talking today?  That is NOT how it works.  If you can come up with this idea in five seconds, don't you think other people might have tried this idea?  
      May 13, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

• Politics is nothing but a game Sharron.   A game is exactly what it is.
      May 15, 2019 10:30 AM MDT

That answer is INSIPID.  

Life is also a GAME.  We are IN THE GAME whether we call it a game or a play or whatever you think you want to call it.  I call it a living nightmare.  It may not be real to some, but they are in a coma or dead by now.  WAKE THE HECK UP.  You are in the game, honey, it is the only game in town.  
      May 15, 2019 10:33 AM MDT