Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's the biggest tab you'd allow a stranger to pick up for you?

What's the biggest tab you'd allow a stranger to pick up for you?

One of my friends was celebrating a birthday yesterday, so we went to a swanky pub-like place to celebrate. We went early in the day and got in without cover and scored a table, but apparently they start charging a cover and charging for tables late in the day. Between the Cinco de Mayo celebration and the boxing game last night, they were charging $300 a table. Seriously. As the night wore on, it was just the two of us taking up this table and a group of guys came to watch the game. One volunteered to cover our tab if we let them share the table, so they could have it when we left. 

It made fiscal sense for him (the bill was less than a table) and he wasn't doing it to hit on us. He just wanted the table. Would you have let him pay if it was you? Have you let a stranger pick up your tab before? How much would you let a stranger pay?

Posted - May 5, 2019

Responses

As long as they were not rude and behaved, I would. 
      May 5, 2019 4:53 PM MDT

Based on the situation you've explained here:

~

May 5, 2019 11:02 PM MDT

OF COURSE.  It was a good deal for him as well.  He wanted to and you are actually helping him out by letting him pay.   And yourself too. 

May 5, 2019 11:06 PM MDT

no limit
      May 6, 2019 12:40 AM MDT

He could most likely have the table ,but I / we pay our own way......I can't say as I heard or visited any establishment where you are charged to sit and drink in England..... 
    Drinks in clubs and bars are rediculous prices ....so called sports stars and actors frequent certain clubs and think them selves as gods....
    Why anyone would want to talk with then ,I just can't ever imaging....
      May 6, 2019 2:11 AM MDT

It took me all of about ten seconds to confirm London has similar joints. lol This one starts at $1,000 per table: https://www.luxguestlist.com/en/p/bottle-prices-vip-tables-drama-park-lane#tables 

Not all places here have the same rule or charge for tables out here. It's not my typical scene either, but it was my friend's birthday and she picked the joint. 

For what it's worth, I did decline his offer to pay but told them they could use the table regardless. He spoke with the waitress in private and collected the tab anyway. 

We do get some of that "god-like" behavior out here, particularly in the ritzier areas, like Scottsdale and parts of Phoenix, but I was out in the suburbs with the mortals. ;) He could have been a "somebody," but if he was, he was a down-to-earth notable. 
      May 6, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Eye just checked them out and don't think I'd even want to go into places like that....Speaking with a friend earlier  ...she said those clubs are full of upper class twits with more money then sense...
    I think I'd prefer to be with normal people born with proper working brains lol...I've never ever been able to pay lip service to prats ,no matter who their parents are....lol

May 6, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

not so rnuch a stranger but rny friend's been paying rny net and phone bill and i never asked her, shes been doing it for yrs
      May 13, 2019 3:57 PM MDT