Active Now

Malizz
WelbyQuentin
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Finance » What are some common misconceptions that people have about poverty? ~

What are some common misconceptions that people have about poverty? ~

Posted - May 8, 2019

Responses

Poor people don't mind being poor

Poor people are just not smart and are lazy.

Poor people have no drive nor ambition.

Poor people dress in rags or wear hand-me-downs.

Poor people cannot succeed in areas that rich people can. 

May 9, 2019 12:38 AM MDT

That all poor people are low income. Ha ha..  I knew a guy who was making about  $500 a day to support his cocaine addiction. 

May 9, 2019 7:29 AM MDT

That what we call poor in America is also poverty.  America has no real poverty or hunger.  We have poor people.  We will always have poor people.  
      May 9, 2019 2:45 PM MDT

that poor people arent happy
      May 9, 2019 4:50 PM MDT

That there is a realatively small amount of Americans that live in poverty. If you live pay check to pay check and have no health care, guess what. 
      May 9, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

Too many to list, my favorite one is that these folks need retraining.  If the jobs are not here, they are not here - the Globalists have doomed those except the Elites to a perpetual cycle of poverty.   Let's kill Globalism

I love the charities of the rich; Museums, Libraries, etc. or lets help another poor country.  The US has enough poor, hungry, and suffering to swamp the current service available. My donations are primarily to Food-shelves who are always scrambling or to families of Marines who are suffering for whatever reasons
      May 13, 2019 12:28 PM MDT