Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What was the last household chore or home-improvement project you were supposed to have started but haven’t done yet? ~

What was the last household chore or home-improvement project you were supposed to have started but haven’t done yet? ~

Posted - May 9, 2019

Responses

• I need to get some trees trimmed on my property. I got an estimate and it’s a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. Maybe I’ll just date a tree trimmer for the summer or wait until a storm blows the trees down. Idk. 
      May 9, 2019 8:08 AM MDT

Effective immediately, Randall D began his new career . . .

~

May 9, 2019 8:35 PM MDT

• Yay! You better pack yourself some sandwiches though....
      May 9, 2019 8:47 PM MDT

Wait a minute, it doesn't work that way: YOU have to agree that you'll make the sandwiches for me, or the deal's off! 

~

May 9, 2019 8:59 PM MDT

• okay fine, just make sure you get all the work done  before you come in for sandwiches...you can trust me....they’ll be there when you’re done. 

May 9, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

I think I've seen this in the movies before, and I know how it ends; the bored housewife lazily daydreaming as she spends the whole day watching the sweaty, muscle-bound workman, she invites him in for an icy-cold glass of her hand-squeezed lemonade, he mentions he'd like to collect his payment for the day's work, she has no cash on hand . . .

~

May 9, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

• You haven’t seen the Canadian version of this movie. « The Canadian princess watches cartoons on Netflix all afternoon while the naive tilde freak is outside working his azz off,  looking forward to his sandwiches and lemonade. He rushes through his job,  then approaches the door. The princess remembers what she learned in school about how to get out of a hot situation, LOCK ALL THE DOORS AND STOP DROP AND ROLL. » See ya sucka! Good luck on  getting  a sandwich on your flight back home. 

May 9, 2019 9:20 PM MDT

Danged Canuck! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

~

May 9, 2019 9:25 PM MDT

Need to clean out the garage and get the trim up on the stairs we replaced the carpet with hard wood flooring and could not decide which trim to use. Now we just need to do it.
      May 9, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

My friggin' wall.

Long story short, I hired a family member's contracting company to enclose a room for me two years ago because a different family member wanted to move in. I figured it would be a wash; that the moving-in family member would pay for the wall (I swear that's not a Trump reference) with the first month or two of rent. Well, the contractor spent twice the estimate and never finished. It's bare drywall. It still needs the joints sealed, texture, trim, and so forth. He was doing such a poor job and charging so much more than the estimate that I just got frustrated and told him I'd finish. And, the moving-in family member left after a month or two without paying the rent that was due. I think she maybe gave me $200 or so and promised she'd send the rest later, but never did. 

So, I've got this garish wall that's a constant reminder of how I got screwed over by two different family members. To save money, I started purchasing the supplies to do the repairs myself, and I think I have them all now. But, the project intimidates me so much that I haven't touched it yet. 

Thank you for reminding me. *sigh* Maybe I'll do it this weekend. 
      May 9, 2019 9:40 AM MDT

Sheesh, that's awful. You could just have a good time tearing the wall down! Maybe put up some pictures of those two relatives first.
      May 9, 2019 9:53 AM MDT

I considered that. However, the wall was built on top of tile floors, removing the wall would damage those tiles, and I can't find duplicates anymore. It's less of a headache to finish the wall. 
      May 9, 2019 11:03 AM MDT

Stain and polyurethane some wooden cabinets.  Also, I need to paint my upstairs balcony.  Not in the mood.  It's been two years since I was in the mood.
      May 9, 2019 2:41 PM MDT

cant think of anything or i wouldve done it
      May 9, 2019 4:43 PM MDT

When we bought eight years ago we realized we did not have enough furniture between us to fill our eight rooms. And although we did get some additional pieces early on we never had much enthusiasm for that so consequently there remains a lot of empty space throughout. 
      May 10, 2019 5:58 AM MDT