Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If JESUS and the sb prez held rallies on the same night at the same time the sb prez audience would be larger. Tragic?

If JESUS and the sb prez held rallies on the same night at the same time the sb prez audience would be larger. Tragic?

If YOU a loyal sb prez BASE person had to choose. Assuming you believe in Jesus of course. You know that the sb prez would hate you for your disloyalty to him. Would you attend his rally or go to where Jesus was? You think I'm joking right? I an not joking. I seriously and truly believe you would abandon anyone at any time including your own family to service the sb prez. Those are the TRACKS you leave behind you.

Posted - May 11, 2019

Responses

I don't think so. Can you see him in a LOINCLOTH devoid of other clothing? His very fat belly would hang over his waist down to his knees. Plus which he is such a coward he can't fire anyone face to face let alone actually endure the pain of crucifixion! Never gonna happen. What will happen is that the sb prez will tell his devoted worshippers that he was crucified and rose again and THEY WILL BELIEVE HIM! Sigh. Thank you for your reply tom! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 12, 2019 2:14 AM MDT
      May 11, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

I may go to my grave with that visual image.
      May 11, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

Oh lordy be. Hang in till I can figger out a better image to take with you to the GREAT BEYOND and beyonder than that! How about the BABY BLIMP that flew over London for a long time? It's light and full of hot air and once pricked with a pin it will explode into a billion pieces and float off get sucked into the nearest BLACK HOLE never to be heard or seen ever again! How's that? Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      May 12, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

Much better.
      May 12, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

You must have thought I was nuts.  I had the wrong guy and the wrong initials.  That's what happens when I am running around getting ready for work.  My brain starts to melt.  My bad.

J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis: A Literary Friendship and Rivalry

WAIT.  I'm not nuts after all.  

The Screwtape Letters is a Christian apologetic novel by C. S. Lewis and dedicated to J. R. R. Tolkien. It is written in a satirical, epistolary style and while it is fictional in format, the plot and characters are used to address Christian theological issues, primarily those to do with temptation and resistance to it.
    First published in February 1942, the story takes the form of a series of letters from a senior demon Screwtape to his nephew Wormwood, a Junior Tempter. The uncle's mentorship pertains to the nephew's responsibility in securing the damnation of a British man known only as "the Patient".

You said in your prior note to me yesterday that this was some guy from the 13th Century and you also said something very confusing that you read it back then when you were in high school  LOL 

????

So maybe it is not ME.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 12, 2019 11:16 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

Both Christian too.
      May 12, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

huh?  I didn't even finish writing this.  What does this mean?  

May 12, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

My comment was to the part of your comment that showed up at the time. This line was the last showed up J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis: A Literary Friendship and Rivalry

I've never seen an answer partially posted before it was finished.

I read the book in 1963 when I was in high school; it was first published in 1942.

I think the 13th century reference was to the first instance of the concept of the devil devouring souls.
      May 12, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

:):):)
      May 12, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

All I know is that I was babbling and then you took off like a scalded cat when I mentioned my story about the Ouija board and I figured that guy thinks I'm nuts and I spooked him.  HAAAAAAAAAAAAA  

I can see why.  We were going all over the place yesterday.  

It is hard to talk on this thing.  I write.  I post, I read it and then I edit.  People get on here, like you and Jaimie and answer before I even finish editing.  Some computers work faster than mine.  
      May 12, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

When I sign off with "Regards..." that is my stamp of approval of the quality of a long thread."
      May 12, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

May 12, 2019 11:44 AM MDT

Thanks tom. Especially thanks for letting me know. :)
      May 12, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

Trump would definitely start a smear campaign against Jesus.. Jesus isn't a bigly huge businessman like Trump.. he won't make America rich.. 
      May 11, 2019 12:05 PM MDT

Remember the sb prez sez his favorite book is the Bible and that God got him through the terrible ordeal he faced vis a vis The Mueller Report. That schtick plays well in the heartland where folks believe that kinda rhetoric. An emty shuit. All show and no go. His peeps believe him. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 12, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

• I have something to say and I'm not joking. I have a strong spiritual belief based on the scriptures and tenets of Christianity. It is a belief that keeps me from becoming embittered by the ebb and flow of political conditions in the world. It prevents me from living in a state of fear or disappointment over who holds power and how it might be used or abused. I don't let the temporary conditions of the world's political systems become the driving force of either my life or my being. There'll be no competition involved between the Savior of the world and governments, parliaments, congresses, political leaders, presidents, kings and dictators of the earth. When He returns, it will be in power, might and majesty to establish His Kingdom forever. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is King of Kings. We, who anticipate these events are IN the world, but not OF the world. Is there a responsibility to act as just stewards and good citizens? Yes and we will until the coming day of the Lord, but neither will we live in the bondage of fear and oppression that holds sway in the world.
      May 11, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

In the meantime AS A CHRISTIAN you have no complaints about the likes of a scumbag prez who preys on the desperate and the needy and calls them rapists and criminals and that they come from SH**HOLE countries? None at all? You don't mind babies being locked up in kennels and cages like DOGS who were separated from their parents and will never be reunited because the scumbag prez and his  thugs didn't bother to keep good records of where they sent the parents? You feel above it and therefore are untouched by it?  Well good for you. I am the opposite from you by 180 degrees. I believe GOD WEEPS EVERY DAY about the state of the world and the terrible hate his children promulgate.  How you can be so removed from it puzzles me. Different strokes SC. I bleed you bail. Thank you for your reply. It is a very brave reply.  We are at opposite ends of the scale. You believe and rise above all to remain removed aloof distant. I believe and am hurt by all of it every day in every way my entire life. There ya go. This post was edited by RosieG at May 12, 2019 10:02 AM MDT
      May 12, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

I am a Christian as well. 

As a Christian, I personally think that some of the opportunities and education I have oblige me to call out evil and error when I see it or hear it.

All of us in the world still have a part to play in Gods "economy of salvation."

And of course, it is quite appropriate to feel confident in Christian beliefs and promises.
      May 12, 2019 11:45 AM MDT